DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bigger question: does Bradley Beal really want to go from "it's my team, built around me" to the Russell Westbrook experience?

Since the Wiz reportedly got Beal's approval before making the deal... yes he does (Of course that might be more because he didn't like Wall)

3 hours ago, nofuture said:

Early morning Woj Bomb.

I'm a little surprised at him going the full five years.  I figured he'd do a 1+1 or 2+1 to align with Lebron's contract.  I guess being in LA agrees with him.

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I'm sure there are many other teams whose star player decided to go partying at the strip club(s) instead of showing up to training camp.  It's a common thing.

In the NBA? I thought it was rule, not exception.

James Harden indicated to the Houston Rockets before training camp that he would be open to a trade to the Philadelphia 76ers or possibly other contenders, sources told ESPN.

Harden, the perennial MVP candidate who is holding out of training camp, previously requested to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets to form a superteam with former Oklahoma City Thunder teammate Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.

After it was clear there was no traction in talks with the Nets, Harden expressed to the Rockets that he would be agreeable if a trade with the 76ers materialized, sources said. Harden also indicated that other teams could fit his criteria for a preferred destination, a source said.

The Rockets and the Sixers have had no substantive talks about a potential Harden deal, sources said. New Philadelphia president of basketball operations Daryl Morey, the Rockets' general manager for the previous 13 seasons, has said he has no intention to break up the Sixers' All-Star duo of center Joel Embiid and guard/forward Ben Simmons.

Simmons, 24, a third-team All-NBA selection, is entering the first season of a five-year, $169.5 million contract extension. Embiid, 26, a two-time second-team All-NBA selection, has $94.7 million over three seasons remaining on his deal.

Teams would be reluctant to give up the assets required to get a player of Harden's caliber without confidence that he would be willing to remain with that franchise when he can opt out of his contract following the 2021-22 season. Few contending teams have the ability to furnish Houston with the combination of assets that it's seeking to consider dealing Harden.

Houston hasn't wavered in what the Rockets consider a fair asking price for Harden: a package that includes a young franchise cornerstone and a bundle of first-round picks and/or talented players on rookie contracts, sources said.

The Rockets have been adamant that they will not be rushed into trading Harden, regardless of how uncomfortable the situation has become with the three-time scoring champion failing to report to training camp while partying in Atlanta and Las Vegas.

James Harden will need 6 consecutive negative COVID tests before he may begin practicing with the Rockets

Why you might ask?

The NBA required players to test negative for the coronavirus for three consecutive days before entering team facilities for individual workouts before training camp. Players were also required to quarantine aside from testing and workouts at the team facility and essential activities such as grocery shopping.

However, Harden opted to work out on his own at the University of Houston, and he attended rapper Lil Baby's birthday party in Atlanta over the weekend and then spent a few nights in Las Vegas. Harden did not wear a face mask at the birthday party or in Las Vegas nightclubs, social events that violated the league's COVID-19 protocols.

Courtney Lee is only on the training camp roster for now, but we could use a vet presence. He wasn't bad when he got on the floor last year.

Barea is the perfect example of what happens when fans watch a guy play with their team forever. Even when you know it's best to move on from him, you are sad to see him go. Most of us Mavs fans have such a deep appreciation for JJ and what he meant to the team. Most people only know of the 2011 playoffs, but was such an important part of the bench for years after that. I really hope he is offered a coaching job soon.