DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Boston completes the sign and trade with Charlotte for Gordon Hayward.  Boston gets back a 2, and a $28m trade exception.

So, enjoy the next year of stories about Ainge almost signing everyone with the TE. 

• Haha 2

Evan Turner has apparently retired and is going to be a player development coach for the Celtics.

Easily one of the most disappointing NBA careers but he did make a totally bonkers buzzer-beater in the Big 10 tourney a decade ago:

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Andrew Bogut has retired from basketball to spend more time with his racism.

I'll never understand how someone can go through all the bonding with teammates sports usually creates, for years and years, in a sport that is overwhelmingly not white, and still end up being... Well, Andrew Bogut.

• Like 1

Harris Stavrou (@harris_stavrou) Tweeted:
Giannis Antetokounmpo @ Cosmote TV just now: "If LeBron, KD, or AD want to join me in Milwaukee, i will be happy. I don't care about being number 1, or number 2, or number 3". More to follow...

Giannis to the Lakers confirmed 

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Clips are waving Joakim Noah and it appears that he is retiring 

I thought John Hollinger's Noah anecdote was too funny:

That is a man committed to talking shit!

Lebron James signed a two-year max extension with the Lakers.  No reported options so he'll be a Laker til at least 2023.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

At least Houston got rid of their aging, underachieving point guard on a franchise-crippling contract.

....Oh,  right.

Says a lot when you'd trade someone who was one of the biggest talents in the game (stats only) for someone who hasn't been close to healthy for nearly four years.

Also says a lot that OKC traded one franchise-crippling contract for another last season...

If he ever gets a ring, he'll have to Dwight Howard himself.