DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

The Portland Trail Blazers are acquiring Boston Celtics center Enes Kanter in a three-way deal that also includes the Memphis Grizzlies, sources tell ESPN.

The Grizzlies gets Mario Hezonja and the 30th pick (Desmond Bane) from draft-night deals as part of the trade. The Celtics get a future Memphis draft consideration.

Whoever is in charge of the Pistons need to be shot out of a cannon. I'm just looking up how good Wood is and holy shit what are they doing?! Guy is the perfect modern 5. Hate to see him go to Houston.

Like he shot 39% from 3, can score off the dribble, powers in the paint, and is a lob machine. 

How'd the Lakers add Schroeder and Montrezl while also shedding Danny Green? Impressive. And with the Warriors likely out of contention for a year (and possibly for good?), LeBron has a really good shot at a repeat. 

He's a decent rebounder and rim protector as well, and can survive on the perimeter defensively.

He's a classic late bloomer, but he was a killer off the bench, and then his numbers barely dipped per-36 when he got the starting job.

And Detroit could've offered him up to 3/$45 if I understand correctly, based on having his early Bird rights.

It's really incredible how stupid decision makers in pro sports can be. I'm fucking stupid and ignorant about the ins and outs of the NBA but man... Unbelievable.

And this dude with a fucking massive jawline finely balanced on a stack of dimes is getting $80 million.

Davis Bertans Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

I'm flabbergasted. Wednesday I thought they were doing a full tear down to start finally doing a true rebuild.

Now today they are acquiring bigs left, right, and center. Especially center. Throwing money at everybody except the ultra-talented 25 year old combo big they had on the roster, and locking everybody in for three years.

I legit have no idea what the plan or concept is now.

19 minutes ago, southofheavy said:

I don't think Wood wanted to stay in Detroit. 

Still, it doesn't make tonight make sense. I went from being legitimately excited to being totally deflated in less than a day. 

I really hope this doesn't end with Westbrook in Detroit.

Yeah, 3/$41 sounds like he wanted to be elsewhere. When it was saying 3/$27, knowing Detroit could beat that offer by around five million a year, it seemed a lot more like they decided to get Plumlee instead.

But... Yeah, I have zero idea what the fuck they are doing.

Edited by Brian Fowler

This feels a little better without the Plumlee signing. I dig Jerami Grant, but I think it's a bit of an overpay and putting another stretch on the books when we just got off the Josh Smith bs is just exasperating. 

Something tells me a lot of this is riding on somehow getting off of Blake's contract and that just ain't gonna happen. 

I think they probably could get off his contract, especially if he looks healthy the first few weeks of the season.

But I don't think they can get value in a trade. Nobody is giving up anything useful for Griffin at this point.

• Like 1