DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

26 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Holiday to Milwaukee

They also get two more first round pick swaps

Jrue is a great fit for what Milwaukee is doing, so that's cool.

That's too many picks to give out but that's Future Zimbra's problem

• Like 2

The Bucks went huge on an all-in deal hoping Giannis signs. I saw on Twitter from a reputable reporter (can't see who) that the word is he's going to sign a five-year max deal. If making a big deal like this gets Giannis to sign for the max, then you absolutely give up three picks that will be in the 20s and two swaps to get a really good player in Holiday. Holiday/GIannis/MIddleton is a really sick defensive core. 

Also: Woj has a podcast about how Giannis ended up getting drafted. It's a really fun listen. Giannis comes off like a legitimately humble and sweet guy who still can't believe the course his life has taken and appreciates every second of it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Covington to Portland

This deal is Covington to Portland and Houston getting Trevor Ariza, the 16th pick this year and Portland’s 1st round pick next year (that one is protected)

So there's a report that the reason Russ and Harden both want out is because of Fertitta's support of Trump. In which case... Hahahaha.

34 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Oh boy, I just realized that those '25 and '27 picks the Bucks sent out are totally unprotected.

Nobody in the NBA ever learns anything for longer than, like, six months.

Hahahaha fuck

If you get the ring and the extension, worth it (though the 2027 pick is a masterstroke for Giffen. That would be the year after the supermax expires.)

• Like 1

Boston offered New Orleans Gordon Hayward and three 1's for Jrue.   New Orleans declined.  

Gordon apparently feels "betrayed" (lol!) and has a $34.2M player option that had a deadline of 5pm today, but that's been pushed back to Thursday.  The expectation is that he's going to be traded between now and then. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

This is just a play to get the assets to trade for Blake Griffin, too.

I support this.

(Honestly, I love Blake's game, I think he was fantastic in 2018-19, wish him nothing but the best. But if I was running the Pistons, I'd trade him for a sack of flour.)