DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Saw an excerpt on Hoops Hype from the Athletic's piece on Boston perhaps trading Hayward, who will opt in on his last deal because he's not stupid, along with some of those picks they've accumulated for this year's draft in exchange for Oladipo and maybe even Turner. Oladipo is a pretty big wildcard right now coming back from a ruptured tendon in his knee and his poor play since returning. He had the one great season '17-'18 and some good seasons before it but I don't know. He's got one year left on his contract too.

I think the case for Oladipo in Boston is that they have enough other weapons that he can concentrate on defense/open shots/being a tertiary ball handler and wouldn't have to run as much of the offense as he did in Indiana.

But then his great season was when he had the ball in his hands all the time so.....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm a little surprised. Not shocked, fully understandable move, but a little surprised.

Doc was gone as soon as Kawhi dropped this:

"That's when it comes to the team chemistry, knowing what we should run to get the ball in spots or just if someone's getting doubled or they're packing the paint...get smarter as a team," Leonard told reporters. "Basketball IQ got to get better."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It will be interesting to see what team hires Doc (and in turn is willing to blow a 3-1 lead in the playoffs since he’s the king of that now). 

I could see him being a fit in Houston as he doesn’t really hold people accountable on the defensive end, and that fits their style pretty well. Plus they love going for big name coaches (D’Antoni, JVG).

• Like 2

Spoiler

Fuck Kawhi.  Just seems like a bad person to me.  Also, would the Clippers have been better off keeping Gallinari and Shai (and five draft picks) instead of Playoff P? 

Edited by Dolfan in NYC
I know I yelled at someone, probably you, about putting so many tweets without a Spoiler.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:
  Hide contents

Fuck Kawhi.  Just seems like a bad person to me.  Also, would the Clippers have been better off keeping Gallinari and Shai (and five draft picks) instead of Playoff P? 

So when his team fails because of Playoff P it’s on him, but when yours fails spectacularly it’s never on Harden? Okay nice narrative. 

As for the rest of that mess of tweets it can F right off. Especially with Doc somehow being a victim when it’s not Kawhi’s fault the guy coaches like crap.

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

There are reports (as yet unconfirmed) that Marc Gasol is going back to Spain to play for Barcelona next year.

Marc was a beast in his time in a Raptors uniform. He helped a very good team get over the hump and become champions. If he is riding off in the sunset, he's doing it with alot of love from our fan base.

His wine chug during the parade was EPIC! ???

On 9/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Per Shams,  Doc Rivers is meeting with Philadelphia. 

And per Wojo - after meeting with them, Doc is now the front runner

D'Antoni remains the other choice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And per Wojo - after meeting with them, Doc is now the front runner

D'Antoni remains the other choice

D’Antoni should thank his lucky stars that Doc got fired then. That 76ers job is terrible, and one I wouldn’t wish on any quality coach.

Yeah, this is going to be a goddamned disaster.  Both Kyrie and Durant are great at what they do but are also kinda high-strung, emotional weirdos and not really leaders in the traditional sense.

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

Yeah, this is going to be a goddamned disaster.  Both Kyrie and Durant are great at what they do but are also kinda high-strung, emotional weirdos and not really leaders in the traditional sense.

I'm so ready for it though.

• Like 1

Maybe this blows up in the Sixers faces (really it likely will given their history), but it's hilarious that Doc was snatched up before the Clippers can even begin their official search.