DVDVR Message Board

UFC 252: Miočić vs. Cormier III (8/15/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

This is one of those fights, like Rory/Lawler, that definitely takes their toll on both men's long-term well being. So much damage.

We gonna have two ufc announcers with glass eyes tho? That shit is heinous. ?

Lawler vs. Condit as well. Condit was never the same, he was robbed of the win and the UFC Heavyweight Championship by the judges.

If Cormier doesn't walk away now, he falls into the trap that most fighters at the end of their career always do. They keep trying to fight one more time to get that glorious win. And if they somehow get a win, they keep fighting when they shouldn't. They lose and they keep trying to get that win. They win and think they can keep fighting and go on another run.

• Like 1

Just now, TheVileOne said:

If Cormier doesn't walk away now, he falls into the trap that most fighters at the end of their career always do. They keep trying to fight one more time to get that glorious win. And if they somehow get a win, they keep fighting when they shouldn't. They lose and they keep trying to get that win. They win and think they can keep fighting and go on another run.

I think this is it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It wasn't full on David Reid, but I highly suspect it's a detached retina.

The longer retinal detachment goes untreated, the greater your risk of permanent vision loss in the affected eye.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

And Jones would have absolutely tweeted out DC had the fight gone the other way. I still really want to see Jones defend against Marreta and Reyes before he moves up though.

I don't think Jon Jones will move up to Heavyweight. Jones vs. Reyes II should be Jones' next fight, Reyes beat him.

Edited by The Natural

Just now, The Natural said:

I don't think Jon Jones will move up to Heavyweight. Jones vs. Reyes II should be Jones' next fight, Reyes beat him.

You're treating this like a pure sport though. The money is in Jones going for the heavyweight title. If that's what he wants, that is what they'll do.

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

And Jones would have absolutely tweeted out DC had the fight gone the other way. I still really want to see Jones defend against Marreta and Reyes before he moves up though.

I believe we'll see Jones-Reyes II (with the aid of some more money thrown in Jon's direction) before the end of the year and Miocic-Ngannou II in like January or February. Those are not easy fights by any stretch of the imagination. 

Man, what a fucking fight. Super tense, but the ref saying, "you got punch, relax, sit down" when DC is like "I got poked in the fuckin' eye!" was some straight bullshit. I'm happy Stipe won, sad DC lost, feel bad about DC's eye, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Jiji said:

I hope you're right. We need the rematch for that one and I guess Marreta can fight the winner or go through a tune-up fight once he heals up. 

Marreta is fighting Glover on 9/12. If he wins that, he'll be next in line unless Jiri does some crazy shit like reel off two spectacular KOs. Blachowicz is still out there as well.

• Thanks 1

EfhGGd_UMAANpmv?format=jpg&name=small

Seeing Daniel Cormier's eye is a sad reminder that this sport is brutal. Kudos to the fighters putting themselves through it in fights. That goes for fighters I can't stand. The wins, losses, pain and injuries.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1