DVDVR Message Board

UFC 252: Miočić vs. Cormier III (8/15/2020) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

There's another one of those sentimental favourites getting taken out by the young buck. Fair play, my dude. Retirement time for JDS? 

I feel like if Junior dos Santos was able to fight in an electrified cage like Onita and Hayabusa wrestled in at that one FMW anniversary show, he wouldn't get stopped as much as he does.

As soon as his back hits the cage, it goes downhill from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jiji said:

Man that Bethe KO from Holm tho... Between that and the knockouts only show commercial... so much brain damage.

That was a referee influenced stoppage as nothing was happening in that fight. Ref warns them about inactivity (really Bethe was trying to fight Holly from like halfaway across the cage and didn't want to get near her). Then, high kick BOP BOP. Over.

• Like 1

And oh, remember when Nick (I think it was Nick...maybe it was Nate) Diaz went on that wacky rant about dudes with multicolored hair? I feel like Sean O'Malley is the culmination of that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That wave in from Bethe tho seconds before the headkick. God damn. 

I feel like Bethe Correia lasting for several years in the UFC with a limited skill set and a propensity to find new ways to get concussed (remember the Reneau fight where she was on rollerskates?) shows that the current UFC matchmakers really take to characters on the roster.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

Just now, Jiji said:

The corner clearly seeing their fighter is concussed just egging him on and trying to get him to ignore the fact is some morally reprehensible shit, retirement fight or not.

Hate when corners do that. Protect your fighter is the top priority as is the referee.

• Like 1

This is one of those fights, like Rory/Lawler, that definitely takes their toll on both men's long-term well being. So much damage.

We gonna have two ufc announcers with glass eyes tho? That shit is heinous. ?

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1