DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/12/2020

Dolfan in NYC

12 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I have an question about the ratings from last week to this week, could the drop be an indication that and I like the angle the debate was great the matches have been fine the rematch yes was hindered from a less than smooth finish my question isn't about the angle in the sense of delivery as I am in interest could the drop indicate that more viewers are interested int he Moxley/Darby vs Team Taz angle than they are Jericho vs Cassidy? That's not necessarily bad thing as it would indicate AEW has an angle people are interested in.

Well personally, I've watched most of the shows since it started but had no real interest this week. I've certainly got absolutely 0 interest in watching Cody Rhodes against some jobber; he's probably the worst part of the show for me his Kingston skit aside, and has been for a few months. Tag-team-appreciation-night felt a bit half baked, wasn't sure what it was even about. Jericho/Cassidy .. I mean, yeah, I'll watch if its on but don't think its top of the card material. All just my own opinions on why I didn't tune in this week - not sure about others. Far more interest in previous weeks programming.

Edited by A_K

Cody Rhodes hasn't changed at all since day 1 of AEW.  He used his wife and a low blow to beat his own brother who was already bleeding half to death.  The lack of a live crowd treating him like a god has just exposed his heelish manner.

People always complain about Brandi Rhodes' character when Allie's right there not making any kind of sense since her entire heel turn was said to be based on being sick of Cody being the face of the place and now she's in their entourage and Cody hasn't even acknowledged her presence.

Is Scorpio Sky kicking doors down and telling people to reach for the sky a BTE thing?  Like a robber bit?

Chioda's almost as fat as Arn Anderson.

Brodie Lee should've worn his Repo Man outfit when he stole the old TNT belt.

Evil Uno slapped his thigh making a tag.  Dork Odor looking like complete dorks losing with a 2 on 1 advantage and then with a 5 on 2 advantage they just let the Bucks sit on stage bragging to the camera instead of jumping on them.

FTR's entire knee injury ruse was about jumping a 60-year old man who just had a bout with Bell's Palsy?  And everyone was so upset with them that they let FTR walk away real slow.  Page couldn't even bother to put his drink down to help a potentially crippled Ricky Morton.

They've had Tully Blanchard just sitting in the stands looking like he's going to hand a bank teller a note for months instead of having him spit fire promos.  Why don't they let people talk in this company?  Shida got out one line before they threw to Archer abusing his elder.

Tag Team Appreciation Night sucked.  I wanted to know who TH2, Lucha Bros, and The Nightmare Sisters favorite tag teams were.

Was Hardy fined for assaulting a referee?  When Guevara came out later Hardy didn't go after him.  Also, Posey's wearing a leather jacket in August in Florida.  Does he have the cold chills?  It might be the 'rona.

The finish of Cassidy/Jericho was overbooked but the rest was what I expected.  Jericho's best work is as a brawler.  He's never been as athletic as he or internet nerds think he is.

Edited by BEN!
  • Haha 2