DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/12/2020

Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I took a post-dinner nap right through this thing so I'm doing the rerun right now. In the meantime, here is the Mousetrap

And besides that every episode of Dynamite is Tag Team Appreciation Night so calling this that is pretty redundant. 

I don't think this was the roll-up OC was trying to hit. His started with a combination arm-trap/grapevine thing, which has CHIKARA written all over it. Same setup for Quack's Lightning Lock Beta. Think it's supposed to end with a deep chickenwing on the far arm. Although I want to say I've heard OC's move referred to as a Mouse Trap before  - Gresham's doing more of a crucifix thing here, but he's citing it as a Quack move? I mean, he was a member of the Osirian Portal and I wasn't but I'm a little confused.

EDIT: Gresh you're killin' me. This is OC's (and Quack's) Mouse Trap. Vid should start at 4:02

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Fartsauce said:

Jericho/Cassidy should have been a bigger deal but Jim Ross is just casually chatting with the other announcers during submission attempts late in the match. 

I generally try not to shit all over guys but Ross has to go. 

StevieNippz, Shartnado and now Fartsauce???

Folks, I think we have a new King of Trios entrant.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I don't think this was the roll-up OC was trying to hit. His started with a combination arm-trap/grapevine thing, which has CHIKARA written all over it. Same setup for Quack's Lightning Lock Beta. Think it's supposed to end with a deep chickenwing on the far arm. Although I want to say I've heard OC's move referred to as a Mouse Trap before  - Gresham's doing more of a crucifix thing here, but he's citing it as a Quack move? I mean, he was a member of the Osirian Portal and I wasn't but I'm a little confused.

EDIT: Gresh you're killin' me. This is OC's (and Quack's) Mouse Trap. Vid should start at 4:02

Man, what the fuck was Jericho doin'? lmao

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Jericho and Orange really had their wires crossed tonight. Why so many dragon screws, and why the hell was Jericho taking back bumps for them?

Jericho is old and fat, possibly drunk, can’t bump for shit.  The finish was flat because he took it completely the wrong way.  Maybe less pretending to be a rock star in front of middle managers and meth heads and more time in the fucking gym.  For fuck’s sake, have a modicum of pride in your craft.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

You look like a remark?

The weird thing is Monsoon ALWAYS said "I resemble that remark", which obviously makes zero sense. But it's like nobody ever bothered to correct him.

Jericho/OC was a really interesting story of two matches.  The first half of the match, while not explicitly stated, was clearly worked around the story that Jericho had spent the past week playing rock shows and partying like an idiot instead of preparing for the match, leading to OC kicking his ass quite thoroughly.  And that was pretty awesome.

But then the reality of Jericho spending the past week playing rock shows and partying like an idiot instead of preparing for the match took over.  And then it kind of sucked.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Peck said:

The weird thing is Monsoon ALWAYS said "I resemble that remark", which obviously makes zero sense. But it's like nobody ever bothered to correct him.

It's a very old phrase and none of these examples are improper. "I admit to this fault but I wish you hadn't said it". Something to that effect. "Resemble" possibly being an intentional malprop-ing of "resent"? The joke is so old I have no idea.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

It’s wild that it only really took a week for the AEW faithful to turn on Jericho. I haven’t seen the match, I’m at work right now, but everything else he’s done as of late as been pretty good/on par with what we expect from him these days. Well, people shit all over that one multi-man tag a few weeks ago, but then again, some people didn’t. This match seems to be universally panned.

In other news, I liked seeing Tony Khan in the background when Moxley was backstage or whatever. Just chillin’.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This show was fairly crap to me. Tags were okay I guess, Scorpio Sky/Cody was very in the middle of all wrestling, Jericho was the absolute shits in the main. The best things were Tully being Tully and Jake once again rambling as Archer canned someone. That's not much. 

So, another off week. This is a serious pattern. 

Note: Taz did not call that a bowler hat, and it wasn't. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

It’s wild that it only really took a week for the AEW faithful to turn on Jericho. I haven’t seen the match, I’m at work right now, but everything else he’s done as of late as been pretty good/on par with what we expect from him these days. Well, people shit all over that one multi-man tag a few weeks ago, but then again, some people didn’t. This match seems to be universally panned.

In other news, I liked seeing Tony Khan in the background when Moxley was backstage or whatever. Just chillin’.

People are mad at Jericho right now because of the Sturgis thing.

Here's the aftermath with Jericho leaving. Cameras were filming, so I'm guessing they might release the footage online later. This is something I wish we saw tonight. But having fans present would've definitely helped *le sigh*.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

I mean I'd say minute for minute, i think the last two shows were better, but tonight was far from terrible. I think Cody/Scorpio and the tag team matches were both solid. Sometimes you are gonna have off nights.

That's sort of why I think Cassidy should've won that first match against Jericho because they seemed to really click and be switched on that night. Show felt a lot better. 

• Like 2