DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 8/12/2020

Dolfan in NYC

32 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Chris Jericho needs to very much NOT be (in person) on this show...

Keep him away from everybody else but if the match goes on I found the perfect wrestling attire for Orange.

e50a82dc0e1b7d58ad2412b3cd3d95b7.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

No pockets. 

Ah, you got me there.  Maybe he can use that belt loop if it's loosened up enough.  Or maybe whoever their seamstress is can sew ones on.

Ah, fuck it, just cancel the damn match instead.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Ah, you got me there.  Maybe he can use that belt loop if it's loosened up enough.  Or maybe whoever their seamstress is can sew ones on.

Ah, fuck it, just cancel the damn match instead.

This. Chris Jericho and Fozzy are fucking stupid for doing a gig DURING A FUCKING PANDEMIC!!! PEOPLE ARE DYING FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! FUCK!!!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't even know how we have a main event, just hoping everyone turns out safe. Shutting that part of my brain off for a moment, I'm still looking forward to it, but it's like watching '90s chairshots: I'm still entertained I guess, but now I have that little voice going 'ohhh nooooooooooo'" 

• Like 3

Here’s hoping last week’s effort flows into this for a comparably great show.  Bucks-DO could be a barnburner so too the tag title match.  Stoked to see Scorpio back on the main show.  I suspect he loses and becomes heel angry. That’s my hope or that he takes the title.  I’m also hoping we see the freshly signed Eddie Kingston.  A promo will do there.  The ‘legends’ segments thus far have mostly fallen short, but here’s hoping Tully and Arn bring the fast talking heel swagger.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

8 minutes ago, EVA said:

Jericho will probably spit in his face to own the libs.

Doing Old Guys Appreciation Night when Jericho might well have drug COVID into Daily's Place is certainly spitting in somebody's face, definitely common sense's at least. 

EDIT: I misread the Tweet and thought they were wrestling, so edited

Edited by Curt McGirt

9 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Here’s hoping last week’s effort flows into this for a comparably great show.  Bucks-DO could be a barnburner so too the tag title match.  Stoked to see Scorpio back on the main show.  I suspect he loses and becomes heel angry. That’s my hope or that he takes the title.  I’m also hoping we see the freshly signed Eddie Kingston.  A promo will do there.  The ‘legends’ segments thus far have mostly fallen short, but here’s hoping Tully and Arn bring the fast talking heel swagger.  

I've been mostly very positive about AEW's use of old guys and not repeating the mistakes of other promotions, but I feel like these segments are best left for PPV in front of a hot crowd. Bret MF'ing Hart showing up to present the world title comes to mind. But OTOH, is there even gonna be a future with crowds to "save" stuff for? Everything is so complicated

Back by popular demand! The Shadow knows...

Tonight is the the beginning of the beginning of the new 4 Horsemen. Tonight we see friction between Cody and Arn Anderson. It will either cost Cody his title tonight vs Sky Scorpio or it will lead to Cody losing his TNT title at next PPV in a few weeks. The eventual turn of Arn Anderson on Cody begins tonight. The new 4 Horsemen will not have Cody as a member. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard will once again make the Rhodes and all who are connected to the Rhodes family their main targets. We will also see the further storyline of FTR laying the groundwork in making Hangman Page their gullible patsy. FTR will of course by the end of the PPV will be members of the new 4 Horsemen and will have the AEW World Tag Titles. Hangman Page will not be a member of the 4 Horsemen. He is a monster face who will have the sympathy of AEW fan base. The main event of the Sept PPV will have MJF defeating Moxley. MJF will also be a member of the new 4 Horsemen and will become the Ric Flair of this new generation. He has it all...and his character shows the same qualities as FTR...anti flippy floppy...pro old time wrestling. 

MJF + FTR + ????

The 4th member will be the guy who comes out of nowhere and helps MJF defeat Moxley. This man will also kick a hole in the chest of Wardlow. The 4th member will be...

Miro. 

AA + Tully + MJF + FTR + Miro

Charismatic.....Highest quality workers.....heel heat....

The faces line up beautifully.

Cody has even more incentive to go after MJF..and of course lead the fight against 4 Horsemen. Hangman Page once again feels all alone...blind sided by his new drinking buddies FTR. Wardlow becomes a face and joins Cody in his fight against 4 Horsemen. Young Bucks and Cody finally again join forces. Omega drifts off alone being pissed that Hangman Page was stupid enough to fall for FTR fake friendship and Omega eventually turns heel...but it will be a slow burn.

It’s Happening!!

Edited by Flair’s Shadow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So only people of a certain age will remember this but back when I WAS YOUNG, local yellow pages always had one page of, like, free random games and stuff you could do over the phone. One of the local things here was a wrestling rumour hotline and I remember it consistently claimed throughout most of 1997 and 1998 that Randy Savage was coming back to the WWF, and quite often suggesting he was going to ally with Degeneration X.

Anyway, Flair's Shadow reminds me of this. I consider it a good memory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2