• MavsFan77
  • King Leonidas Of Sparta
  • Control
  • Jaedmc
  • Execproducer (revised)
  • Rippa

On 9/12/2020 at 5:02 PM, RIPPA said:

The more the merrier

I also admit I’m trying to wait to hear from JT one way or another but he hasn’t been able to be around recently 

I’m not sure how good my ballot is or how many laughs it will give you, but I just sent in a list of 53 movies. I did rank them in order too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tbarrie said:

I'm genuinely impressed so many of you have actually seen fifty movies from a single decade. You all know that's five movies per year, right?

And that is less than 1 every other month.

I mean if we were talking - proper in the theater - then yes I agree. But watching 1 move in a 60 day period isn't that hard with all the various ways available to someone now - not to mention how much catch-up one could do theoretically over the last 6 months. (Fighting my own personal laziness is another matter.)

Now watching 50 GOOD movies - that is a different story

• Like 1

I keep getting ballots so that is a good problem to have.

I am updated my Admin post up there with ballots received (or noted revisions)

If you don't see your name and you submitted, let me know (I most likely have it - just forgot to include your name... like I am realizing I forgot to include @King Leonidas Of Sparta up there and will edit as soon as I am done with this post)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tbarrie said:

I'm genuinely impressed so many of you have actually seen fifty movies from a single decade. You all know that's five movies per year, right?

Between NetFlix (through 2013 or so) and now Disney +, it's real easy to decide to watch something on a lark. I haven't been in a theater since Rogue One in 2016, but have seen several 2017 - 2019 movies.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I mean if we were talking - proper in the theater - then yes I agree. But watching 1 move in a 60 day period isn't that hard with all the various ways available to someone now - not to mention how much catch-up one could do theoretically over the last 6 months. (Fighting my own personal laziness is another matter.)

40 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

Between NetFlix (through 2013 or so) and now Disney +, it's real easy to decide to watch something on a lark. I haven't been in a theater since Rogue One in 2016, but have seen several 2017 - 2019 movies.

Fair point about the streaming services and other modern options. I myself signed up for Disney+ last month and watched four movies from last decade that month. Of course, I was pushing myself to watch a lot so I wouldn't have to pay for a second month.

Alright it's sent.

I'm happy with what I came up. There's a little frustration in regards to obvious holes in my viewing, but I like every movie on my list quite a lot, so it's not going to eat at me.

• Like 1

I love these projects but I always forget how they will be the death of me.

I am not even a quarter of a way into my first ballot entered and I already have a winner for the "most infuriating movie title and director for my excel file" locked up

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I love these projects but I always forget how they will be the death of me.

I am not even a quarter of a way into my first ballot entered and I already have a winner for the "most infuriating movie title and director for my excel file" locked up

I just never got around to watching what I wanted to watch, and I realized how much my film viewing fell off on the back half of the decade. Curious to see how everything shakes out.

Well now that am back in the office, I have lots more time to waste going through Flickchart today.

Originally I thought getting up to 50 movies was going to be hard, but now I have 200 ranked and am really more lost than ever as I realize I have almost no feelings for the majority of these movies, even if I liked them or thought they were great. 

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Man, I hope no one actually uses Flickchart for a list.  I just wasted 20 minutes on that, and its algorithm is trash.

I am fairly positive everyone just uses Flickchart as a way to helpfully remember what they have seen in the decade (and that is slightly dicey since they use different years than IMDB)

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am fairly positive everyone just uses Flickchart as a way to helpfully remember what they have seen in the decade (and that is slightly dicey since they use different years than IMDB)

I've logged most things I've seen in recent years with Letterboxd, and it at least helps me kind of look at things from a star rating perspective even if today I'm not sure the rating would be as high.

• Like 2

Okay - since I think I need to set an actual deadline or I will never get @Execproduceror @CSC ballots

ALL BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE END OF MONDAY, SEPT 21

I haven't gotten a new ballot since Monday so I will finish entering what I have by the end of the weekend and I will then do my usual checking to see how much I fucked up entering things. (This is also assuming I don't need to ask for someone to correct their ballot - thankfully, I haven't had to do that on any of the ballots I have tallied so far.)

In a fair and just world - the reveal will being by the end of next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, RIPPA said:

I already have a winner for the "most infuriating movie title and director for my excel file" locked up

I wanted to insert a "A New Challenger Approaches" GIF here but I couldn't find one that wouldn't require a trigger warning

So yeah... the list is greater than 1 now

On 9/17/2020 at 3:25 PM, RIPPA said:

This is also assuming I don't need to ask for someone to correct their ballot - thankfully, I haven't had to do that on any of the ballots I have tallied so far.

I jinxed myself. I had to send out two correction requests today and, ironically, they were both around the same movie.

• Like 1