• JL Sigman
  • MavsFan77
  • King Leonidas Of Sparta
  • Control
  • Jaedmc
  • Execproducer (revised)
  • Rippa

29 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I wrote long ago that I'm out. Maybe after the fact I can come up with a top ten or something based on other people's decisions, but this one is just too hard. 

COWARD~!

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 6:07 PM, RIPPA said:

No to Twin Peaks - both IMDB and Wiki consider it the 3rd season

Now as I said when @Andy in Kansas asked me that question - that one is a little in the gray area and I am not going to fight too hard if you vote for it. Just know that if you do - you and maybe Andy if he submits a ballot will probably be the only ones who vote for it.

Submitted. 

Spoiler: I talked myself into keeping Twin Peaks off of the list. It is my sole honorable mention. 

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 9:09 AM, JLSigman said:

.....shit, I need to see if I can find the list I started when I was trying to use IMDB for lists.

I have a question - I had tried to go through IMDB's database and kept getting thousands of hits per year, which means my ADHD brain noped out pretty quickly.

I know I haven't seen many films in those 10 years, altho I'm pretty sure I've seen 50, but some would have been kinda weird/foreign. What's the best way to try to find decent lists that aren't going to overwhelm me?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

I have a question - I had tried to go through IMDB's database and kept getting thousands of hits per year, which means my ADHD brain noped out pretty quickly.

I know I haven't seen many films in those 10 years, altho I'm pretty sure I've seen 50, but some would have been kinda weird/foreign. What's the best way to try to find decent lists that aren't going to overwhelm me?

Hope these help:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/the-200-best-movies-of-the-2010s/ If you click on this, you'll find there's the option to see the 50 best in different genres like superhero movies and animated.

https://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-movies-of-the-decade-2010s This also breaks films up into different categories.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010s_in_film

• Like 1

Random Other Resources That I Can't Remember If I Shared Or Not

(That should go to a specific post of the decade movies that made the Greatest Ever list)

The rest of these links are a random mixture that will at least remind you that "Oh yeah - that was this year" - the quality of the list and site vary

INDIEWIRE Top 100

FILM SCHOOL REJECTS (Top 100)

AV CLUB (Top 100)

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 7:56 AM, RIPPA said:

RIPPA HARASSES PEOPLE WHO MADE THE MISTAKE OF HINTING THEY MIGHT SUBMIT A BALLOT

I expect most will tell me to go fuck myself

YOU HAVE AT LEAST ONE MORE WEEK TO SUBMIT A BALLOT

@jaedmc

I was going to tell you to fuck off, but I guess I'll do a list just to ensure One Cut of the Dead , the greatest film about the collaborative arts, is included on the list.

• Like 1

What’s amazing is that I had little trouble getting to 100 great films, and yet those Top lists show me that I’ve missed tons and tons of stuff.

ONE CUT OF THE DEAD was on my watch list, but alas, it never showed up at the library.

I'm going to do a ballot of 50 like I did for the 1990s version. That's a challenge as there's less spots to work with so you have to choose the best of the best. Doing this project I find myself liking the last decade more than I once did though I'd still take the 2000s and 1990s over it.

Edited by The Natural

As I normally do for these things, this is how I am proceeding

I will start entering ballots this weekend.

When I have all ballots that I have received entered - I will assess how many I have, how many people have reached out that they are working on it, if I am still waiting on corrections, etc.

Everyone will get a 24 hour warning when I am closing up shop - for both new ballots and revisions

Side note: If I need to reach out to you for a correction to your ballot - I will due it via PM

Side side note: I am going to the XFINITY store in like a hour to upgrade my equipment since I had to increase my internet this week. It is possible I am gonna fuck up my ability to get online reliably for a few days so that might stall things out.

So between the above and the fact that the Giants play on Monday night, you have AT LEAST until MONDAY, SEPT 14 to submit a ballot. (I won't close earlier than that.)

• Like 2

Finally found the password to my Flickchart account. Haven't used it in years. So we'll see how this goes.

I haven't seen nearly enough movies from this decade to feel super confident. My list will probably look more like Best of 2010-2015

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I haven't seen nearly enough movies from this decade to feel super confident. My list will probably look more like Best of 2010-2015

One of my (perhaps baseless) concerns is a touch of recency bias. So I like the sound of your hypothetical ballot as a bit of a countermeasure. 

• Like 1

Sent a revision. I wouldn't have, but I realized I'd left off a mortal fucking lock for my top ten because I'd forgotten it took place during this decade. Moved a few things around (some agonizing choices, some not so much), added a few things, settled at seventy picks and one honourable mention. Should be good to go. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas