DVDVR Message Board

NJPW G1 Climax 30.

The Natural

Looking forward to Okada vs. Ibushi, Okada vs. Ishii, Okada vs. Shingo, Suzuki vs. Okada, Suzuki vs. Ishii, Suzuki vs. Shingo, Shingo vs. Ibushi and White vs. Ibushi from A Block.

From B Block: Tanahashi vs. Juice, Tanahashi vs. Naito, Tanahashi vs. Sabre Jr, Sabre Jr vs. Naito and Sabre Jr vs. Yano.

Takahashi sucks.

I'll likely be skipping Ospreay's matches since the SpeakingOut movement. I don't watch Matt Riddle or the Velveteen Dream either.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

That A block final day will make many people upset. But hey, I think everyone who follows NJPW already knew that NJPW won't do anything.

Some numbers for stat nerds:

New big six: Ibushi, White, Okada, Naito, Evil, Tanahashi. Obviously it doesn't mean that, but it is kinda interesting that Evil experiment was not one and done.

I never thought the Evil experiment would be one and done. I said awhile ago and other people did too that it's clear that on a coin with Evil on one side and Sanada on the other, it came up Evil. I'd rather it be Sanada. Hell, I'd rather it be Kenta, or Shingo, or Ishii because I'm not a big Evil fan, but what are you gonna do? I'm honestly surprised they're not pushing Osprey harder. I don't think NJPW really gives a shit what bad things Osprey may or may not have done so I figured he'd be in line to be elevated even more.

Edited by Craig H

If EVIL makes the final, then I don't think his title win was an experiment as much as an appetizer. 

Anyway, it's probably too soon for ~BC explodes~ with a White/EVIL final, but it will probably still be viable going into the final nights. SANADA could make it. Okada, of course, can always win things. But do you run back Okada/Naito already? I suppose Naito defending is a different role. (Yeah, I have no idea.)

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I never thought the Evil experiment would be one and done. I said awhile ago and other people did too that it's clear that on a coin with Evil on one side and Sanada on the other, it came up Evil. I'd rather it be Sanada. Hell, I'd rather it be Kenta, or Shingo, or Ishii because I'm not a big Evil fan, but what are you gonna do?

I did not mean anyone here in particular, but I have seen on reddit and twitter people talking about how since he lost the titles back to Naito then suddenly his push is over and it was irrelevant.

3 hours ago, Beech27 said:

If EVIL makes the final, then I don't think his title win was an experiment as much as an appetizer. 

Anyway, it's probably too soon for ~BC explodes~ with a White/EVIL final, but it will probably still be viable going into the final nights.

I was thinking that Evil/White finals would be cool, but then realised that they'd have Gedo and Dick in their corners and they'd be heavily cheating. Too much of a mirror match for such show I think.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I never thought the Evil experiment would be one and done. I said awhile ago and other people did too that it's clear that on a coin with Evil on one side and Sanada on the other, it came up Evil. I'd rather it be Sanada. Hell, I'd rather it be Kenta, or Shingo, or Ishii because I'm not a big Evil fan, but what are you gonna do? I'm honestly surprised they're not pushing Osprey harder. I don't think NJPW really gives a shit what bad things Osprey may or may not have done so I figured he'd be in line to be elevated even more.

I think NJPW knows that Ospreay is never gonna be accepted by US crowds now, so he has a ceiling in NJPW and probably will eventually be phased out.   Fredricks will likely be as good as Ospreay.

So if Jay White wins Block A who wins the B Block? It seems like it would have to be Sanada or Tanahashi in that scenario (Beating Naito to win the G1 would be dumb since that would be the Dome matchup, Evil and Kenta aren’t really options unless they do Bullet Club civil war, and I don’t see them using Goto as that really would telegraph the outcome).

Edited by MavsFan77

2 hours ago, EVA said:

I feel like this is a big assumption on multiple levels.

Yeah, that's more than a big assumption. Again, so few people give a shit about what Osprey did or didn't do. In fact, I'm willing to say he's in the clear at this point and NJPW isn't going to give a fuck.