DVDVR Message Board

NJPW G1 Climax 30.

The Natural

I don't think there will be any outsiders. There's enough on the roster where they wouldn't have to use tournament retired guys like Nagata or Young Lions. Hypothetically 20 could be Okada, Ishii, Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Yano, Tanahashi, Ibushi, Makabe, Naito, SANADA, Takagi, Suzuki, Taichi, Zack, EVIL, Yujiro, Hiromu, SHO, Desperado and Ishimori. 

Would love to see some All Japan involvement though (especially Suwama or Jake), but won't get my hopes up. 

Japan has only just started allowing foreigners with Japanese residence back into the country this week, as mentioned in another topic. I imagine almost none of the non-Japanese roster members have Japanese residence, if I recall most of them live in the US. If that’s the case, it’s  not a matter of 2-week quarantine—they won’t be admitted into the country, period.

Unless Kenta has become a US citizen, he would be available, and would only need to quarantine upon arrival for 3 days. But they haven’t brought him over yet, and he just won the tournament in US, so it seems like they want him on those shows going forward.

They can either scale it back or find randos to fill the slots, either way we’re still in for some bangers just like every year.

I'm pretty sure I saw that White, Juice, Ospreay, and the Tongans have Japanese residences.  Still, Juice and GoD are still in the US so they're probably out anyway.  But White and Ospreay are probably on the table.

13 hours ago, EVA said:

Bea is being advertised for a Stardom show on 10/3, so pretty good odds that Will is going to be back for the G1.

This is not entirely accurate. She is on the Yokohama poster, but she was on the previous version as well. It seems to be showcasing the roster in general. All that said, general suspicions are that they will be in Japan soon if they aren't already.

No juniors(guys used as juniors anyway).

Block A
Ibushi, Okada, Ishii, Shingo, Yujiro, Taichi, MiSu, Cobb, Ospreay, White
Block B
Tana, Goto, Yano, Yoshi, Sanada, Naito, EVIL, Zed Ess Jay, Juice, KENTA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

So, A Block has got MiSu v Shingo, MiSu v Ospreay, MiSu v Ishii (!), MiSu v Okada, MiSu v Cobb, MiSu v Ibushi, Shingo v Ospreay, Shingo v Ishii, Shingo v Okada, Shingo v Cobb, Shingo v Ibushi, Ospreay v Ishii, Ospreay v Okada, Ospreay v Cobb, Ospreay v Ibushi, Ishii v Okada, Ishii v Cobb, Ishii v Ibushi, Okada v Cobb, Okada v Ibushi, and Cobb v Ibushi to look forward to, as well as the Jay and/or Taichi matches if those are your bag. 

And B Block has Naito v Tanhashi and Naito v ZSJ and, uh, maybe Yano v Juice or v KENTA might be fun? ?

Edited by gordi

Sorry for being the shrill PC guy but 1) they are crazy for bringing in this many outsiders when global coronavirus numbers are still so high and 2) glad to see Will Ospreay recovered from that crippling bout of depression and suicidal ideation he tweeted about a couple months back ???. Shy of Ishii going to the finals, I don't think I'll tune in this year... 

8 hours ago, Archibald said:

I see people saying this and I just can't see it. He is going to wrestle his normal match every show and it is going to suck.

It's wishful thinking on my part, especially after his match at Dominion this year... let me live the lie.