DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Bane-a Baszler - 8/10/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Oh no! Retribution threw a brick through a window that had just been repaired a couple of months ago from that Street Profits/Viking Raiders match. And then they jumped on a car that was upside down for some reason. And finally, they randomly controlled lights for a brief 5 minute window. How shocking!

Shane blew all of his money on the first week so he couldn't afford the dancers this time.

• Haha 2

Chicago blowing up over the weekend really made Retribution come off tone deaf. 

I forgot that Ruby's jacket also has a classic Cannibal Corpse logo on it (the one drawn by Barnes) along with the Megadeth one. So it is even more confusing. 

They really should have had Shayna beat the crap out of Yabba-Dabba-Doo or whatever his name is. Immediately intro-ing and burying somebody would be a great laugh. 

I don't get what the Flair stuff is about, they just don't have anything to do so they did that I guess. Everybody knows Orton is evil and Flair is old. It was done well at least. 

Mickie is still smokin. And Dominik definitely made his bones with that utter thrashing. So there are those two things as well? 

3 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The Retribution stuff is penny-ante when we've got Rollins/Murphy hazing Dominik and Orton calling Flair a sick old famewhore with worthless sons before concussing him.

Yeah, that Rollins/Murphy/Dominik segment was uncomfortable (to put it mildly).

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't get what the Flair stuff is about, they just don't have anything to do so they did that I guess. Everybody knows Orton is evil and Flair is old. It was done well at least.

They had to write Flair off of TV somehow.

Mickie is still smokin.

THEY TURNED LANA AND NATTIE INTO STACEY AND DARCEY.

• Haha 1

I thought the Seth/Murphy caning Dominick segment was alright though maybe they dragged it out a bit too long.

The Hurt Business was enjoyable.

Zelina/Bianca was actually good. Like neither women are remotely bad, but I'm shocked they didn't just have Bianca annihilate Zelina like they have done in the past when Zelina gets in the ring.

Peyton/Liv was decent. I sort of like that Ruby & Liv aren't instant friends again and will take actual work.

Mickie being back is nice. not sure about her feuding with Lana & Nattie though it is good to see them continuing to find things for the rest of the division to do.

I mostly skipped the Raw Underground stuff outside of Shayna's segment. The beating she gave out felt tame, but it was nice to see her still get the bad ass push.

Bayley/Asuka was pretty damn good. Loved the ending.

The Orton/Flair segment lost me a bit when they brought up Ric's sons. If it was just about David it would be fine, but its always going to be hard when you consider Reed'a passing. That was territory better left alone.

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Babatunde looking legit scared of Shayna Baszler is the only thing you should take from this Raw.

If I recall Shayna stretching and choking people out has been an occasional punishment game at the PC so that fear may be slightly legit.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm shocked they didn't just have Bianca annihilate Zelina like they have done in the past when Zelina gets in the ring.

She still bumped her ass off though. That overhead drop was brutal. 

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The Orton/Flair segment lost me a bit when they brought up Ric's sons. If it was just about David it would be fine, but its always going to be hard when you consider Reed'a passing. That was territory better left alone.

Ditto, I was saying to myself "I hope he talked about this with Ric first". 

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Why didn't Joe help Dominik btw? I caught him saying he was "chained to the desk" after I turned off mute but really... was he? 

At the begining of the show he mentioned he was told not to get involved physically or else risk losing his job (as an announcer presumably), and he's not medically cleared.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 1

If they keep Shayna separate on Raw Underground from all the other top women for a while until they are ready to use her in a big program that would be good.

Bianca BelAir is going to be a star, I wouldn't my seeing her and Zelina paired together longer till they are ready to give Bianca a push,

They seem to have plans for Nia Jax not far down the road and you got Asuka vs Sasha and Bayley  all going on right now.

Motivated Orton is the best Orton. Drew finally has an interesting feud which I love. Kofi never really got that. Drew probably still has the worse end of the stick with no crowd, he's not bad on the mic either 

27 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Bianca BelAir is going to be a star, I wouldn't my seeing her and Zelina paired together longer till they are ready to give Bianca a push,

I read recently that Vince is very high on Bel Air, Petyon Royce and Bayley.

What's baffling is Zelina: looks good, talks well, perfectly solid in the ring...why doesn't she wrestle more often?!

Orton-Drew stuff was good.

I missed the second Retribution segment but laughed really hard at the first one when the little tiny guy yelled at them "Go home!" and they ignored him and threw a cinder block through a door.  Take that, establishment!

9 minutes ago, caley said:

What's baffling is Zelina: looks good, talks well, perfectly solid in the ring...why doesn't she wrestle more often?!

She is the shortest woman in WWE not named Kacy and a heel manager. Like even Kairi called Zelina a chibi on her one Stardom tour.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

She is the shortest woman in WWE not named Kacy and a heel manager. Like even Kairi called Zelina a chibi on her one Stardom tour.

But surely you could play her up as a cheating, dastardly tiny heel.  Or give her a heater who helps her win? Or turn her face and have her as the Rey Mysterio of the women's division? 

13 minutes ago, caley said:

But surely you could play her up as a cheating, dastardly tiny heel.  Or give her a heater who helps her win? Or turn her face and have her as the Rey Mysterio of the women's division? 

She is already focused on managing and kind of great at that. Pushing Zelina as Rey jr. type would be odd when you have Kacy around.  She is more capable in that area.

This show had some good and some bad.  Orton and Flair were both fantastic in the final segment..    I think we can agree on that.  Orton has been doing A+ character work these past few months. 

Shayna being in the Underground was cool but what happened to The Hurt Business? They said they were running it now but then we got more Shane McMahon.  Fuck.