DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Antifa - 8/7/2020

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I wasn't watching when Nexus debuted or was around, so I enjoyed it. Thought it was much better than those folks who debuted under hoods and one of them was throwing punches to the air from a mount position some months ago.

If you haven;t yet watch the Nexus debut. This and that don't really compare at all in quality.

12 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Smackdown ratings up again. Nearly at 2.0.

This is what worries me about Raw Underground and Retribution. Both are half baked/half assed ideas that could actually be good with actual work and thought behind them, but I just don;t feel like WWE will actually adjust if ratings do well enough at the shitty early stages.

The Golden Role Models remain the best thing the fed has at this point. Just so obnoxious. Yet I still was on their side against Stephanie lol 

I am digging that Sonya and Mandy are getting a proper feud. These brawls have been great and I like Mandy’s haircut. Just like when Peyton cut hers, I think it makes them stand out more, “soccer mom” or not. 

• Like 1

To me, Retribution seems more like a z-grade retread of SAni†Y than Nexus.  I guess it depends who's under the masks.  They do look kinda tiny.  The WWE's statement (before the debuted) about the angle not being a political statement makes me think they'll ham-fistedly try to inject some sort of pseudo-BLM relevance into the angle and enrage nearly everyone.  

I'm already kinda bored by them, to be honest.  Not really the sort of thing that's going to get me to watch a crowdless show.  It is amusing that apparently WWE only employs security at arena shows with crowds.  Good to know.

Edited by Doc Townsend
  • Like 1

Between the all black outfits and their diminutive stature, whenever These Retribution geeks jump around and throw their hands up to celebrate their anarchy, all I see are the apes from 2001.

Edited by EVA

37 minutes ago, EVA said:

Between the all black outfits and their diminutive stature, whenever These Retribution geeks jump around and throw their hands up to celebrate their anarchy, all I see are the apes from 2001.

There has to be an angle in wrestling where someone gets beat into oblivion by a loose femur bone just lying around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

What a bunch of geeks.

They are going to do the Aces and Eights angle with this and unmask then one by one aren’t they. 

It's Bruce Prichard, so yes.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

If you haven;t yet watch the Nexus debut. This and that don't really compare at all in quality.

This is what worries me about Raw Underground and Retribution. Both are half baked/half assed ideas that could actually be good with actual work and thought behind them, but I just don;t feel like WWE will actually adjust if ratings do well enough at the shitty early stages.

That Nexus debut was still one of the wildest things I think I've ever seen in WWE. Just that shot of the one dude with the MMA background standing at ringside with the mask on before they all attacked is haunting as hell.

And WWE and John Cena killed them dead within weeks. It makes me wonder what would have happened if Cena listened to Edge and, I forget the other person, and just put Barrett over. Cena instantly regretted not doing so and even he knew it killed the whole thing. Then again, it's still up to Vince for what would happen next.

Although, if Cena did put Barrett over and the Nexus was kept strong, we likely never get Punk leading the Nexus, or the pipebomb promo, or MitB 2011, or the 2 week long Summer of Punk. It's always fun to look back and see what one little change would do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

And WWE and John Cena killed them dead within weeks. It makes me wonder what would have happened if Cena listened to Edge and, I forget the other person, and just put Barrett over. Cena instantly regretted not doing so and even he knew it killed the whole thing. Then again, it's still up to Vince for what would happen next.

I think the other person was Jericho.

• Like 2

If they were making a stable called Retribution, shouldn't the membership consist of Luke Gallows, Carl Anderson, EC3, Eric Young, Matt Cardona, Heath Miller et al? Who has a better reason to be seeking revenge on the WWE than the guys who got fired during a pandemic?

Although considering they're all tiny guys, maybe Drake Maverick is one of them.

6 hours ago, EVA said:

Or Age of the Fall from ROH. 

What did they really disrupt at the end of the day? They tore the Performance Center apart, but they didn't attack other major starts or lawn dart Rey Mysterio. I mean Seth Rollins is gouging out people's eyes. He's sort of the king a-hole at the moment. I'm pretty sure gouging out wrestlers' eyeball is worse than this low-grade RAGE ROOM bs.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

did I hear this right?  Braun basically saying to The Fiend "I don't give a fuck what happened to Alexa.."  

Way to book the babyface champ. 

Alexa is Sister Abigail. She was the higher power of the Wyatt Family.

Edited by TheVileOne

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

did I hear this right?  Braun basically saying to The Fiend "I don't give a fuck what happened to Alexa.."  

Way to book the babyface champ. 

This plus their team in Mixed Match Challenge. Team Little Big has chemistry.

On 8/7/2020 at 11:32 PM, The Natural said:

I'll never tire of Krusty the Clown "What the hell was that?" Such a perfect reaction GIF.

I feel that's all that gets posted in the weekly WWE show threads. For very specific reasons.

22 hours ago, Vgmastr said:

It's like someone watched the Nexus debut and said, "How can we do this worse?"  It's a good thing they showed up or else Smackdown would have had 10 minutes of dead air.  Why wasn't there a main event that they could have interrupted, beat down a couple of name guys and maybe get a little bit of heat?

Don't you dare bring the good name of The Nexus into this.

Also, I find it ironic that for the past month or so SD has ended early, consistently. The average being around 4-5 minutes. One week it was even like 8!

13 hours ago, D.Z said:

Smackdown ratings up again. Nearly at 2.0.

HOW

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

That Nexus debut was still one of the wildest things I think I've ever seen in WWE. Just that shot of the one dude with the MMA background standing at ringside with the mask on before they all attacked is haunting as hell.

This. That was brilliantly shot. I can remember that night just like it was yesterday.

"Hey it's Wade Barrett....what's that on his arm?
(cuts to Michael Tarver in the audience with mask on) HOLY CRAP WOAH IS THAT TARVER?"

Although, if Cena did put Barrett over and the Nexus was kept strong, we likely never get Punk leading the Nexus, or the pipebomb promo, or MitB 2011, or the 2 week long Summer of Punk. It's always fun to look back and see what one little change would do.

This is known as The Chaos Theory. It's always fun to look at these kinds of scenarios. Although I'd love for all of those things said above to have happened (for The Nexus' sake) I'm not sure things overall for end up for the better. Always nice to think about what-if's though.

• Like 1