DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Antifa - 8/7/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I skipped around a lot.

The whole Sheamus/Corbin thing was weird to me since both are heels, but it was done well I guess.

Cesaro/Dorado was solid.

The Braun/Fiend stuff did little for me. I guess Alexa has been brainwashed already going off th e little I saw.

Big E's promo was nice.

Bayley taking on the winner of a 3 brand battle royal isn't a terrible idea I suppose depending on who actually wins it.

Skipped Miz & Morrison talking to Mandy's hair. Dug Sonya on the mic and in her awesome suit again. Miz & Morrison vs. Heavy Machinery was solid and it was good seeing Mandy and Sonya brawl.

I skipped around the Retribution attack. That just felt a like dumb Nexus cosplay. That was not going to work with the dumb outfits, the dumb Raw debut, & advertising a new faction in advance. Its also the type of thing that absolutely needs an audience like the Nexus had.

44 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Y'all are getting later and later with the Krusty gif.  

P4zkR-.gif

36 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The krusty gif was too good to be wasted on it.

I'll never tire of Krusty the Clown "What the hell was that?" Such a perfect reaction GIF.

• Like 2

Retribution is nothing more than a sanitized WWE version of Age of the Fall. Why should we care about this group? Why do the announcers and Michael Cole even know what they're called?

Why did they wait until Smackdown to start wrecking the place? Like they set a generator on fire on Monday, big whoop.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually laughed out loud at the fucking stupid Dunn Camera Cuts© between Miz, Morrison and the dumb googly-eyes hair thing. The cuts were so over-the-top absurd that it made me laugh.

The RETRIBUTION thing was ridiculous. Not a single one of them looked like they were over 5'4", 140 pounds. And that includes the males.

• Like 4

It's like someone watched the Nexus debut and said, "How can we do this worse?"  It's a good thing they showed up or else Smackdown would have had 10 minutes of dead air.  Why wasn't there a main event that they could have interrupted, beat down a couple of name guys and maybe get a little bit of heat?

• Haha 2

My retribution member guesses

1. Lio Rush

2. El Torito

3. Hornswoggle

4. Tiny Adam Cole

The best part of the whole thing was Mandy & Sonya stopping their argument / fight because the lights went out.

Hey WWE, don’t bother with security if things are getting out of control. Just turn the lights out and the people will stop fighting!

• Haha 2

Guest Edwin

I wasn't watching when Nexus debuted or was around, so I enjoyed it. Thought it was much better than those folks who debuted under hoods and one of them was throwing punches to the air from a mount position some months ago.