DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 8/5/2020

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Call me crazy, but I thought they pulled off this McAfee angle pretty well.  He just kept turning up the obnoxiousness where do really do want to see him get his ass kicked.

And the best part is Pat might do a Blade Job just so he can have the story of doing one. 

Kai/Rhea was good stuff. Dug Mercedes interfering at the end. Rhea/Mercedes should be a good match when it happens.

The tripe threat was easily the best Holland has looked since joining WWE. I really want to see him vs. Lorcan. Wonder if he is sticking around main NXT now. Have to say though Priest was probably the guy I wanted least to win. The setup for Priest/Reed later was at least decent.

I assume Lumis is legit injured. Otherwise I'm not sure why they had him win the triple threat last week.

UE vs. Imperium was good as expected even with the commentary being distracting due to them using it to build Pat/Cole.

Not sure how I feel about them building to a McAfee/Cole match. I think the build has been solid, but I don't really care for either guy.

31 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Was the three-way okay? I've still got the last ep on my DVR and with this one, might watch both three ways (for Thatcher and Lorcan natch). 

Both 3-ways are worth checking out.

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well I erased the last ep so fuck. I'll watch this one anyway; I always forget that the NXT women rule too. 

Yeah the Io/Tegan vs. Kai/Candice tag was good. As was Shotzi/Mercedes. That said, Rhea/Kai form tonight was better than both.

Yeah, I'd say probably the second best Rhea singles match (first being the title match vs Shayna) and Kai's best singles match in NXT.

McAfee might be able to pull off a singles match with Cole, but seems like a tag or 6 man match might be best way to go.

45 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well I erased the last ep so fuck. I'll watch this one anyway; I always forget that the NXT women rule too. 

It might be on demand if you have Xfinity. I noticed both NXT & AEW both get put on demand. 

Thanks for the reminder, I have On Demand with Dish so I can just pull it up on there.

Rhea/Kai was good, both ladies have super mean offense and it was heated, but it went on about five pinfall attempts too long. Clearly the NXT undercard/trainees have been told to be just as annoying as the regular fans by using the plexiglass like a marching band too. But this is NXT so both are complaints I'm not surprised to have to make. Also that commercial break was SOOOOOOO LOOOOOONG. It did not help matters at all. 

3-way was good too and didn't suffer from overkill. Fast and stiff! Holland looks like a Mini-Lesnar, I think it's the traps. 

Keith Lee took his time to finally brickwall a guy with a dumb name and a beard. Someone needs to tell Keith to give his opponents less, he's a fucking monster and should act the part a little better. That should have been a straight squash not a competitive one.

Main looked like four of the same person with different hair fighting each other. Personal quote from finish: "Shawn Michaels go away" haha

I just can't get over the fact that his name is Ridge Holland. Ridge. Have you ever met anyone called Ridge? Did Mr and Mrs Holland seriously look down at their newborn son and say "Let's call him Ridge"? No they didn't. He's from Yorkshire, we do things properly there.

Now Rich Holland, that's fine. That's a name a person would have. But if your name was Rich Holland and you decided to start spelling it Ridge because you thought it looked cool, all of your mates would call you a wanker and take the piss out of you until you changed it back. Ridge. Bloody hell.

Ridge. Fucking Ridge.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Now Rich Holland, that's fine. That's a name a person would have. But if your name was Rich Holland and you decided to start spelling it Ridge because you thought it looked cool, all of your mates would call you a wanker and take the piss out of you 

Probably get stuck with a nickname like McCoy, or Crispy, or Twatface.

At any rate, there's no point in saying how Yorkshire he is until he says 'Ey up, love on a live microphone. Until that happens he's just a goon in a Peaky Blinders cosplay. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AxB said:

I just can't get over the fact that his name is Ridge Holland. Ridge. Have you ever met anyone called Ridge? Did Mr and Mrs Holland seriously look down at their newborn son and say "Let's call him Ridge"? No they didn't. He's from Yorkshire, we do things properly there.

Now Rich Holland, that's fine. That's a name a person would have. But if your name was Rich Holland and you decided to start spelling it Ridge because you thought it looked cool, all of your mates would call you a wanker and take the piss out of you until you changed it back. Ridge. Bloody hell.

Ridge. Fucking Ridge.

Rich Holland sounds like a comedian that would play the Edinburgh Comedy Festival.

The ironic thing about Ridge Holland is that the Netherlands are mostly flat. There are no ridges in Holland.