DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Tales From the Underground - 8/3/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I see we're still doing the SAME FUCKING CAMERA CUTS for Raw Underground. How cutting-edge.  

I legitimately LOL'ed at Charly's "Ohhhhh... shit" escape when she saw Bianca taking her earrings off.

• Like 1

I do really like the Hurt Business. Love the name, the look and MVP is on the best run of his career (which is incredible given the Rumble was supposed to be a one off). 

Dominick looks like WALTER but sounds exactly like his old man. It’s terrifying.

As for Raw Underground, it was seinfeld_im_out.gif for me at about 9:56pm when we got the first set of Dunn Cuts. 

• Like 1

So the women's stuff was all pretty good. I dug everything with The Hurt Business tonight.

Bianca made an appearance and did stuff! 

Angel gave out two roses tonight? That man is a tramp and a trollop.

The Raw Underground stuff is something out of a scene from a early 90s syndicated TV show. We just need Lorenzo Lamas to appear and we're set. I might like it? Depends on where they go with this, I'm not sure what the end game is. I might have a softer spot for it because I've been recording episodes of Acapulco HEAT since it airs right before CWFH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Block worked so well for WCW, too....

I tried to do that "watch the last hour" thing again.  After the Erik "fight" I gave the fuck up and turned to the Lakers/Jazz game. Embarrassingly bad.

So, I was just paying attention to this show through the BOARD, and I thought I'd tune into the show at 10 to see what Underground was like, thinking it would be something different.  To no surprise, nothing looked different and the write-ups for the Underground shit sound terrible and lame.  My heart goes out to people who faithfully watch this shit every week.

Raw Underground seems more like a story-line setting than an actual thing.  I don't think it's meant to have competitive fights, just somewhere story-lines can take place rather than just "backstage".  In theory, not a bad idea to try something different with the crowds gone, but I don't exactly trust Raw's writing staff/Vince.

Samoa Joe can fall out of bed and cut the best promo in the company.

Dug the Hurt Business like I said. Lashley unbuttoning his suit to go beat up some geeks in a fight club because he’s pissed at how his night’s gone is actually the closest thing to Good Lashley Booking WWE has done I think. Like that’s who that dude is.

That’s all I got.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 4

The underground segment made me think they made an entire segment out of those vignettes of Wade Barrett supposedly bare knuckle fighting while training for his comeback. This is going to culminate in a Shane/MVP cinematic shoot match at Summerslam, isn't it?

Gotta love them going to commercial right when Samoa Joe goes into the ring to face off with Rollins and Murphy. Even if they did turn and run, it's a boneheaded editing choice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

The underground segment made me think they made an entire segment out of those vignettes of Wade Barrett supposedly bare knuckle fighting while training for his comeback. This is going to culminate in a Shane/MVP cinematic shoot match at Summerslam, isn't it?

I think it might be their way to finally get to Lashley-Lesnar.  That said, Underground feels like the exact sort of thing that they forget about within three weeks.

The women's stuff was nice .It was good to see Liv & Ruby reunite. Dug Sasha/Shayna. I like that Shayna is willing to wait for a title match because its Asuka she really wants to fight.

I dug the Hurt Business as usual. MVP is great when talking, and Lashley/Shelton just feel so natural working with him. 

Thought the Andrade/Garza vs. Profits stuff was good until the Ford poison angle. That just felt weird. On the other hand it did lead to Bianca nearly kicking Zelina's ass backstage so I can't hate it.

The Dominick/Seth build would have been good if only for that Joe promo. Dominick trying to murder Seth and Murphy with a kendo stick made it even better. That kid gets some impressive air time as well. 

35 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Dominick looks like WALTER but sounds exactly like his old man. It’s terrifying.

What is the only thing that could make WALTER more frightening? Being able to move like Rey Mysterio Jr. I'm hoping he doesn't hit as hard as WALTER if only because it will fair to no one if he can.

The Raw Underground stuff was not good. Felt thrown together randomly from the Attitude era. The only saving grace for it was the Hurt Business coming in and messing everyone up to make up for their own bad night. Hopefully they ditch it or put it through some serious restructuring if they plan to continue it.

I skipped the new faction bs. Whatever its leading to just seems dumb.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

My heart goes out to people who faithfully watch this shit every week.

Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. Although normally it's just background noise but I don't think I'll ever be able to fully quit it.

Edited by Peck
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Samoa Joe can fall out of bed and cut the best promo in the company.

I thought Seth was well-liked by Vince and company. Nobody who likes Seth would subject his weak promo game to that comparison. 

This gimmick is rotten. I’d heard it was bad, and I was still pretty amazed. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas

I didn't pay total attention but I saw three cool moves. 

1. The knee that took out dude in 2nd Kumite segment

2. The powerbomb that Shelton busted out

3. Dominick's 619, just because it was shockingly good, not that I like anyone using that move. 

All three were "glance at the screen and then go back to the computer" parts but they were good. 

Like I said in the main thread the cuts every three seconds on World Fighting Entertainment Presents Fight Club drove me insane.