DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2020

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'm not sure if I'm overselling Kilynn King or you're underselling her (assuming that's who you're referring to as Red Velvet?) .  To me she's looked really solid.  And a lot better than Ford, Swole, Diamante, Allie, Anna Jay, Brandi, Bates, Mel, and the Doctor.  Perhaps AEW could settle this by having her do a 10 minute match with Shida.  The same goes for Swole's sister and Ivelisse.  

They are different women, Red Velvet was in the match against Mel earlier in the same episode. I just re-watched King/Rose, I'm not sure if I'd put Kylinn over some of the women you listed just yet but you're right, she's solid, plus she's tall and agile and that certainly counts for a lot. It helps that she doesn't try anything outside of her wheelhouse too.

8 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Jim Cornette just blocked me on Twitter lol! Should have known better than to explain to him that he’s ripping Republicans for 1 thing that Democrats do more of.

?

• Thanks 1

You ever notice Omega hasn't changed his pinned tweet about Moxley's problem being he left Kenny alive and he'll be back? "I win." I don't think a brother does that without having a strong opinion that he's beating Moxley for the belt down the line. Just an idea.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

It’s never crossed my mind that Omega/Moxley is “next”, actually.

In other news, my local Walmart had ONE of the championship belts. I felt no shame buying it along with my bi-weekly groceries. They had the basic sized ring too, but I don’t want that until I can find the action figures.

29 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

My local Walmart doesn't have shit yet. AEW's deal doesn't seem to come up here yet as even a website search turns up nothing.

While I preordered through Ringside Collectibles, a homie said he saw tags for them in the wild at a Walmart out here. 

• Like 1

We didn't get them in Georgia for a couple weeks after the release date. Be patient. Use brickseek to track inventories near you.

And I have no idea why anyone would think it's logical for Omega to beat Mox for the title. Omega's not the star Mox is in America, nor is he a young guy that could use the rub.

But yeah, keep hope alive on them figs. Series two is gonna be dope as hell, too... 

On 8/25/2020 at 12:28 PM, Craig H said:

I can't stop going to the bathroom once I have my first meal of the day, which isn't great. I also don't get the breath smelling thing, but I brush three times a day.

Also, I had Chili's ribs once. They were actually pretty good. I was surprised. Not as good as a locally owned place that puts your container of ribs in a white paper sack that is nearly transparent by the time you get home, but it's alright.

I'm a kitchen manager at Chili's. I eat at work so I don't ever have to buy groceries. The ribs are about the only thing on the menu I will say are good. We actually do a long smoke on them. If you get a prepper who cares, they are pretty tasty. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I'm a kitchen manager at Chili's. I eat at work so I don't ever have to buy groceries. The ribs are about the only thing on the menu I will say are good. We actually do a long smoke on them. If you get a prepper who cares, they are pretty tasty. 

Not ashamed to admit that there's more than a few things I like over there. The ribs, the tortilla or enchilada soup or whatever it is, the little chicken slider things, the chicken tenders, and weirdly enough, I really like their tortilla chips and salsa probably more than most authentic Mexican restaurants in town. Like, on a road trip, it's always Chilis or Bob Evans we wind up stopping at for whatever reason.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EVA said:

A couple months back, I ate at Chili’s for the first time in like 10 years, and I was legitimately stunned by how good it was.  If not for the pandemic, I probably would’ve been back by now.

I legit have not been to Chili's since I lived reasonably close to one, which would have been 2009 if not before.  To me, it's not a destination place or a place you seek out, but rather someplace you end up because it's convenient.  If it's gotten better, maybe I'll hit one up when things get a little better, like maybe 2023 at this rate  Thanks, @RazorbladeKiss87 for the insider info, btw.  Always fun to hear from people dropping knowledge from the inside of wherever they are. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I've ate at a Chili's in an airport once an dit was God Awful never been back.

LOL

“Or at the airport “ was what I forgot to write when I was listing Reasons to Go To Chili’s.  I don’t think the airport version of any place is a good gauge, though.  I feel like they know you won’t be back and thus give no fucks.

LOOOOL who was arguing with me earlier this week about NXT going on USA on Wednesdays having absolutely nothing to do with trying to fuck over AEW?

Because now NXT is going to air on SyFy instead of being preempted because they’re afraid of what AEW unopposed Wednesday numbers will look like.  Oh lord this sad, petty company.

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

LOL

“Or at the airport “ was what I forgot to write when I was listing Reasons to Go To Chili’s.  I don’t think the airport version of any place is a good gauge, though.  I feel like they know you won’t be back and thus give no fucks.

The best Buffalo Wild Wings I’ve ever been to was in the Houston Airport

• Like 1