DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2020

37 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I just realized there's no AEW tonight. Fuck.

It sucks as it's such a Wednesday tradition now.  We're going to a friend's house Saturday and I'm hoping to put it on there.  Half of them watch it anyway on a regular or semi-regular basis so it could happen.  But while I normally watch Dark on Tuesdays we're watching that tonight instead.

All else fails there's always Fire Pro or whatever on IWTV.  But I tend to fast forward through NXT anymore and would rather watch that tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Casey said:

Cabana would have to be 11, and she'd be 12. But that doesn't make sense, because if they're going in order of when they joined, Angels should be a higher number than Preston Vance. I mean, yeah, I know WHY he's referred to as 10, but saying they're giving them these numbers due to the order in which they joined kind of goes out the window when you see that 5 joined two months after 10.

He's "10" because then they can spell it PresTEN Vance.  Not joking, they've done that.

So we're two and half weeks out from All Out and we have MJF/Moxley for the belt announced and that's about it. I'm thinking we'll get an advancement of FTR/Bucks in some fashion, hopefully the match itself although a 3-way with Omega and Page could be in the works too. Presumably Cody and Shida will defend their titles too, hopefully they can find some good people they can build quickly with.

Hoping we get some more matches announced on Saturday. Kind of a lackluster PPV build this time. I just realized I won't be able to watch it live and I wasn't that bummed about it.

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Anna Jay definitely isn't 8, since 8 is a male and has had a match on Dynamite before (with 9, against QT & Dustin).

Cabana would have to be 11, and she'd be 12. But that doesn't make sense, because if they're going in order of when they joined, Angels should be a higher number than Preston Vance. I mean, yeah, I know WHY he's referred to as 10, but saying they're giving them these numbers due to the order in which they joined kind of goes out the window when you see that 5 joined two months after 10.

I think Darby just got released.

The main issue is that Brodie Lee and Evil Uno are both Number One. Unless being Exalted means Brodie is 1* or something.

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

I admit I haven't seen much of him outside of LU, but he's huge, he can brawl, and he can bleed. Cody can work with that. Was he really that covered up by editing? 

Yes.  Very much so.

LU's greatest achievement was making Ricky Banderas look like he was a competent worker.

48 minutes ago, DEAN said:

These people are crazy.  Ricky Banderas is awesome.

But the editing and gimmick/presentation of Lucha Underground along with Catrina helped make him go from flawed but fun brawler to a legit superstar in terms of presence. Dude was my favourite in a promotion that featured Pentagon.

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

But the editing and gimmick/presentation of Lucha Underground along with Catrina helped make him go from flawed but fun brawler to a legit superstar in terms of presence. Dude was my favourite in a promotion that featured Pentagon.

I never really watched much Lucha Underground, I just know that the best LA PARK match and best Flash Flanagan matches are against Ricky Banderas.  And he holds up his end in both.  I know he wasn't motivated when he was palling around with Cibernetico,  but I would imagine a shot at being in AEW would lead to a good Cody match.