DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2020

RE: Jimmy Havoc

It sounds like he did alot of shitty things...and I'm not giving him a pass on them at all. But from what I have read, dude has a serious substance/alcohol abuse problem. Hope the help AEW got him helps him change for the better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Yes, but then Brodie Lee recruits and tasks you to form the Dork Order with Brandon Cutler and Matt Cardona.

Well depending on how real the spoilers are, don't forget the newest member of the AEW roster 

Spoiler

Eric Rowan ?

EDIT:  Thank god they are apparently BS spoilers.  

Edited by hammerva

18 minutes ago, Infinit said:

RE: Jimmy Havoc

It sounds like he did alot of shitty things...and I'm not giving him a pass on them at all. But from what I have read, dude has a serious substance/alcohol abuse problem. Hope the help AEW got him helps him change for the better.

Wasn't that the first thing they did? Send him to therapy. I believe somebody here posted that Florida has a law in which you can't fire somebody with substance issues before sending them to therapy. I could also be hallucinating and be entirely wrong.

I hope he figures his shit out and can be better. It sounds like he put people, himself included, through a lot of suffering/abuse. 

Bea, while still awkward and dangerous, was among their better in-ring competitors within the women's division. However, she's a shit, so this makes sense. I kinda feel for Sadie Gibbs though. Hopefully she can improve when things open up and perhaps be given another shot. She looks a tremendous athlete, so there's potential there. 

Getting rid of Pac right now because money is tight would be super short sighted and I feel like they're smarter than that, unless things are really dire... which isn't great but come on. Pac is a top 10-15 talent in the world. His promos are so good. He still was lacking in terms of fans connecting with him, despite excellent character work but that could be the less than stellar angles they were doing during the Omega feud. I thought he had put it all together when he turned heel in WWE and started those bastard promos, but the more I think about it, the more I think he's missing one last little piece to put him over the top and make him a real star. Not sure what it is though. People really like the guy because he's super talented in the ring but his character work is significantly better as an asshole heel. It's a little Shane Douglas syndrome. He even cut out a lot of the flashy high spots from his repertoire when he turned heel so it would be easier to hate him. 

edit: @hammerva, those spoilers have been refuted by a few people. One of the spoilers is very cool. The other, the one you mentioned, is not.

Edited by Jiji

I know it might not mean that much but they did announce a Pac figure which comes out in I think series three.  So if they didn't care that much to keep him I would think they could have held off on things if he was going to be let go.

If that's not something to consider then of all the people they let go Pac A. Did nothing wrong and B. is very much an upper mid card star.  So it would be insanity if they let him go and I hope considering the company they know better.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Well depending on how real the spoilers are, don't forget the newest member of the AEW roster 

Reveal hidden contents

Eric Rowan ?

EDIT:  Thank god they are apparently BS spoilers.  

Lets hope the spoilers are bullshit cuz yeah he's a great talent a should be working somewhere but I selfishly think he should be Archers replacement in Suzuki-gun once travel restrictions are lifted.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

@AxB or anyone living in the UK who would know

Unrelated: How is all this affecting WWE going forward with the NXT UK tapings? Cause that conference call was like two months ago, and there hasn't been a peep since. I ask because for example, Eddie Hearn is doing boxing matches literally in his backyard. MTK Global is doing boxing events from a studio.

Frank Warren is doing his shows from the BT Sport Studios. Does that mean NXT UK can't do tapings from there? Or is WWE just not going to risk it?

I'm pretty sure NXT UK is a money loser even when they are selling tickets - look how empty the Coventry Skydome was last time they did do a taping. Running empty arena (or tiny spaced out arena) would be calamitous. As it is the UKPC is shuttered and the whole roster is furloughed (and hence, drawing a wage from the UK taxpayer rather than their employer), so the running costs are minimal.

Frank Warren's boxing shows are a ratings/ subscriptions draw for BT Sport. Nobody who watches WWE on BT Sport would say NXT:UK was their favourite show. And as it is, Raw and Smackdown are drawing flies on their anyway.

Edit to add:

Edited by AxB
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

@AxB or anyone living in the UK who would know

Unrelated: How is all this affecting WWE going forward with the NXT UK tapings? Cause that conference call was like two months ago, and there hasn't been a peep since. I ask because for example, Eddie Hearn is doing boxing matches literally in his backyard. MTK Global is doing boxing events from a studio.

Frank Warren is doing his shows from the BT Sport Studios. Does that mean NXT UK can't do tapings from there? Or is WWE just not going to risk it?

@AxB's correct. NXT UK feels a money loser. It's something seeing the attendance in low capacity arenas. Wouldn't be surprised if NXT UK goes or if it stays just because the WWE wants to save face. Thinking also about SpeakingOut with Ligero.

Edited by The Natural

I'm wondering if they are clearing up space and thats i guess a very callous way to put releasing talent during a global pandemic when jobs are fairly scarce but it also seem like they let talent go who in Jimmy Havoc's and Bea Priestly's case were going to be released anyway due to the speaking out movement and were warranted and in Gibbs, Linderman and T-Hawks cases they were out of the country due to Covid and were being used and were low on the card and back to my original point I'm wondering if these releases clear up room for some new signings, I could see Ivelisse, Diamante, Tay Conte and Lil Swole getting signed they've been impressive in the Women's Tag Cup. 

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Bea Priestly's case were going to be released anyway due to the speaking out movement and were warranted

Based on her reaction and one from Dustin its more likely based around the COVID situation.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 5:01 PM, Web Conn said:

I'm wondering if they are clearing up space and thats i guess a very callous way to put releasing talent during a global pandemic when jobs are fairly scarce but it also seem like they let talent go who in Jimmy Havoc's and Bea Priestly's case were going to be released anyway due to the speaking out movement and were warranted and in Gibbs, Linderman and T-Hawks cases they were out of the country due to Covid and were being used and were low on the card and back to my original point I'm wondering if these releases clear up room for some new signings, I could see Ivelisse, Diamante, Tay Conte and Lil Swole getting signed they've been impressive in the Women's Tag Cup. 

It's not as bad because they're part-timers/freelancers and AEW isn't their main gig, except for Havoc, who was going to be gone (Bea might have been gone, but not 100% sure, depends if she was going to get Elgined or not by AEW fans)