DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2020

I'm going to use this topic to be publicly shitty about the initial WON article on Bea Priestly's release-slash-roster page deletion. The WON article clearly lays out Jimmy Havoc's  transgressions and backstage behavior as laid out by the #SpeakingOut movement. Nowhere in the article is Bea's involvement with the blackballing of Pollyanna  mentioned. https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aew-releases-jimmy-havoc-bea-priestley-and-sadie-gibbs-317536

A moderate digression - I don't get censored by internet message boards often (save for a teenage, Dewar's-fueled CZWfans banning that I deserved), but my opinions on the matter were instantly shut down and deleted by 411mania.com . Not a website I spend a ton of time on, especially since Larry Csonka's tragic passing, but this is what I attempted to post there after my initial opinions were deemed unacceptable and also deleted.

Spoiler

Did my post really get deleted? It was about Bea Priestly's involvement with the blackballing of Pollyanna. Allegedly, Pollyanna accused a friend of Bea Priestly and her boyfriend Will Ospreay of serious sexual misconduct. It is widely accepted that they responded in a combative manner. It was reported - by this website - that Ospreay and Priestly were called out by the owner of the IWL promotion for pressuring him to remove Pollyanna from bookings ( link - https://411mania.com/wrestl... ). A significant amount of stories involving said blackballing and locker room mudslinging involve Bea Priestly.

You probably know this already. You might know than the publication who is being cited in this article, the Wrestling Observer, named Will Ospreay as their Most Outstanding Wrestler of 2019. You might even know that Dave Meltzer had claimed many times that Will Ospreay is his current favorite wrestler in the world. And MAYBE you've put the pieces together that, though this article (and the WON article) mentions Jimmy Havoc's transgressions, Bea's aren't mentioned at all.

Had to post that somewhere. It's shit journalism. It's two-faced.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 4

Did Sadie Gibbs have any allegations against her?  I don't remember any.  She says it was due to the situation, which is believable.

Havoc was an obvious cut, and he provided no value to AEW even if he wasn't a piece of scum.   Bea had value, but I'm pretty sure she'd be Elgined by a live AEW crowd now if they knew who she was.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Sucks about Bea...I thought her and Jamie Hayter would both be great regulars when things got back to normal.

Neither were probably going to be regulars as Stardom was their main focus. 

31 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Nowhere in the article is Bea's involvement with the blackballing of Pollyanna  mentioned.

Likely because Bea had no ability to actually blackball Pollyanna. She just shit on her behind the scenes which is likely a more normal occurrence between talent than we realize.

2 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I'm going to use this topic to be publicly shitty about the initial WON article on Bea Priestly's release-slash-roster page deletion. The WON article clearly lays out Jimmy Havoc's  transgressions and backstage behavior as laid out by the #SpeakingOut movement. Nowhere in the article is Bea's involvement with the blackballing of Pollyanna  mentioned. https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aew-releases-jimmy-havoc-bea-priestley-and-sadie-gibbs-317536

A moderate digression - I don't get censored by internet message boards often (save for a teenage, Dewar's-fueled CZWfans banning that I deserved), but my opinions on the matter were instantly shut down and deleted by 411mania.com . Not a website I spend a ton of time on, especially since Larry Csonka's tragic passing, but this is what I attempted to post there after my initial opinions were deemed unacceptable and also deleted.

Reveal hidden contents

Did my post really get deleted? It was about Bea Priestly's involvement with the blackballing of Pollyanna. Allegedly, Pollyanna accused a friend of Bea Priestly and her boyfriend Will Ospreay of serious sexual misconduct. It is widely accepted that they responded in a combative manner. It was reported - by this website - that Ospreay and Priestly were called out by the owner of the IWL promotion for pressuring him to remove Pollyanna from bookings ( link - https://411mania.com/wrestl... ). A significant amount of stories involving said blackballing and locker room mudslinging involve Bea Priestly.

You probably know this already. You might know than the publication who is being cited in this article, the Wrestling Observer, named Will Ospreay as their Most Outstanding Wrestler of 2019. You might even know that Dave Meltzer had claimed many times that Will Ospreay is his current favorite wrestler in the world. And MAYBE you've put the pieces together that, though this article (and the WON article) mentions Jimmy Havoc's transgressions, Bea's aren't mentioned at all.

Had to post that somewhere. It's shit journalism. It's two-faced.

I noticed that as well and yes it's two-faced.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Josh Nason is just a shitty writer in general. Don't blame Dave for that. 

Also, Havoc was punished when this his trangressions came out. Bea was not as far as we know. I don't think it would be fair to make an inference as to why she was released when Nason himself has no proof why she was released. Apparently, he's (Meltzer, not Nason) going to talk about on the next WOR.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

Spoilers are out for next week’s Dynamite.

Two debuts next week. NWA fans will be happy, and then there’s another debut as well. 

This is what I'm seeing:

UPDATE: Someone at the tapings reached out to say that the spoilers below are not accurate. Spoilers have leaked on Reddit in the past but the spoilers below do not appear to be accurate.

Maybe someone jumped the gun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alstein said:

Did Sadie Gibbs have any allegations against her?  I don't remember any.  She says it was due to the situation, which is believable.

Havoc was an obvious cut, and he provided no value to AEW even if he wasn't a piece of scum.   Bea had value, but I'm pretty sure she'd be Elgined by a live AEW crowd now if they knew who she was.

There was a rumor that she got into a fight with Bea Priestley at at All Out, but that was last November. Priestley later said they settled the issue. The rumor was that Gibbs swung on Priestley. Don't know what it was about.

19 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

There was a rumor that she got into a fight with Bea Priestley at at All Out, but that was last November. Priestley later said they settled the issue. The rumor was that Gibbs swung on Priestley. Don't know what it was about.

Mostly likely related to Ospreay being an ass and trying to get Gibbs in trouble for leaving a Stardom tour early without permission. There was a death in her family. Stardom was being difficult about it because they wanted her in two title matches which at the time weren't even set date wise. It was that spat on twitter that actually caught the attention of the bucks and led to her joining AEW in the first place. If I were to guess she probably blamed Bea only to realize Ospreay is just that much of an idiot and general asshole if they actually settled the issue.

• Like 2

According to Cagematch, Sadie hasn't wrestled since October last year, when she was on Dark in a really terrible tag match (Allie/Gibbs vs Swole/Mercedes Martinez). Don't know if  it's because  she got injured or if that tag match exposed her greenness (though TBF only Mercedes looked competent in that match)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Mostly likely related to Ospreay being an ass and trying to get Gibbs in trouble for leaving a Stardom tour early without permission. There was a death in her family. Stardom was being difficult about it because they wanted her in two title matches which at the time weren't even set date wise. It was that spat on twitter that actually caught the attention of the bucks and led to her joining AEW in the first place. If I were to guess she probably blamed Bea only to realize Ospreay is just that much of an idiot and general asshole if they actually settled the issue.

I just looked up her Twitter feud with Ospreay and it gave me a headache. To sum up, Ospreay seemed to be accusing her of a lack of professionalism and taking things seriously. I got the sense that Gibbs was going through some personal issues with regards to the aforementioned loss in her family. Ospreay seemed to be lecturing her a lot on Twitter over it when she was likely in mourning. 

Sadie was set to start training at QT’s school before the pandemic hit. Like, supposedly her flight to the US was literally the day after the travel ban went into effect or something.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If the issue with not bringing Hayter back was her being broken up with Havoc, and now Havoc is gone, surely that clears the way for Hayter's return? Well, once the travel ban is over, anyway.

I thought the issue with Sadie and Ospreay was the Wil thought she was being unprofessional for leaving Japan because a family member passed away and she wanted to go home.  And Bea unfortunately acts like a Mean Girl because I guess that what happens when you hang with a prick like Ospreay and egged it on

I would expect Meltzer to go all "WILL SOME ONE PLEASE THINK OF OSPREAY AND HIS FEELINGS" on the release of Bea  given how much in the tank he for him

• Like 2

Bummer about Bea, I was really looking forward to her coming back. I’m sure they have their reasons though and I’m not going to wade into who should be canceled and who not. I hope we can see Hayter again at least, she made such a good impression when I saw her. Gibbs is another weird one considering their lack of depth in the roster but if this makes room for better women wrestlers right now then go for it.

And fuck Jimmy Havoc. I had to do so many mental gymnastics just to try and get into his matches and then he wasn’t worth the effort in the end. That’ll show me, never try.

And if they do cut PAC, at least I got my Death Triangle shirt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Let’s have a prayer circle so they don’t cut PAC.  If they’re looking to save on foreigners who can’t make shows, he’s probably earning more than all the people they just cut, combined.

Yeah, besides Havoc, I'm going with them getting rid of people they can't possibly use now or haven't been using. All this gossipy shit doesn't make sense if it happened several months ago. It has (or had) no bearing on them in AEW. 

However, it would make sense to keep Pac though.

I'm hoping they don't cut PAC. It was a pain in the ass to get him away from Dragon Gate to begin with. Doing that a second time would probably be impossible.

I don't know how it would be possible, but it would be dope as fuck to see PAC as a surprise run in on someone to start a feud. Actually, have him assault Kenny since that's who he was taunting before all of this shit happened.

Pac is different in that he was living in London (I think) and flying in every week to do the AEW shows, whereas Kip (and Havoc) had moved to Florida. So with the nature of the travel situation, it's going to be tricky. As the law stands now, he can't go because Trump banned people from Europe going to America and hasn't lifted it (even though the USA has a higher infection rate than any country in Europe). But when that is lifted, I don't think there's a quarantine rule for people entering England from the USA (because Boris is a suck-up), so potentially he could come and go as he pleased then. When you enter the UK from Spain (or France, from tomorrow) you're supposed to quarantine for two weeks. But most people aren't bothering because nobody's enforcing it, and when you book two weeks Holiday from work, they expect you to go back in when the two weeks are over, not stay off for another fortnight.

Shanna still lives in France, as well. 

@AxB or anyone living in the UK who would know

Unrelated: How is all this affecting WWE going forward with the NXT UK tapings? Cause that conference call was like two months ago, and there hasn't been a peep since. I ask because for example, Eddie Hearn is doing boxing matches literally in his backyard. MTK Global is doing boxing events from a studio.

Frank Warren is doing his shows from the BT Sport Studios. Does that mean NXT UK can't do tapings from there? Or is WWE just not going to risk it?