DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Between AJ's flat earth shit and Strowman's bitching about guys who lost their jobs "looking for a handout" (not to mention calling Meltzer "fake news"), I vacillate from day to day speculating which of the two is more likely to be a birther and believer in QAnon.

Why not both? 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, D.Z said:

In other news..WWE reportedly may create a WWE Raw Underground title, with "beat up" look like the old Hardcore Title, with spray paint and simulated brick texturing.

That's how you fix stagnant ratings. More titles. 

• Like 1

Let's try to get that up to 10 next time. We have quotas to be met here. You want your DVDVR bucks don't you? Not legal tender, but they are drawn in crayon.

6 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Fun (nerd?) fact: Bryan is not completely right either, the earth is not a sphere. It's approximately one, but not a full sphere. It's not even an ellipsoid (which you might know, if you try to use GPS to get altitude measurements - there are differences from ellpsoid shape of something like +/- 100 yard, most notably in western and central Europe, southern India and the Pacific ocean around New Guinea).

44 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Fun (nerd?) fact: Bryan is not completely right either, the earth is not a sphere. It's approximately one, but not a full sphere. It's not even an ellipsoid (which you might know, if you try to use GPS to get altitude measurements - there are differences from ellpsoid shape of something like +/- 100 yard, most notably in western and central Europe, southern India and the Pacific ocean around New Guinea).

tenor.gif?itemid=7884166

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Why can't I do that? Why can't I show my personality backstage? Why can't I go in the ring and do what I do? Then I was told, 'Don't look at the people, don't smile, don't do this.' Really? Everything I'm doing, it seems the people are liking it. Why am I getting over and you're telling me to do the opposite? I didn't understand, I had a conversation with Vince and he told me that with Rusev Day, they were just mocking me, they didn't mean it," - Rusev recalled.
"[Rusev Day] was going on. There was no way the office didn't notice because it was before, after, during the show. It was everywhere. I always felt defeated because what was I doing it for? It was all competition and finally, I got to a point of, 'wow, we're doing something right.' There's no way it wasn't noticed. The first meeting it was, 'they're fucking with you, they don't mean what they're saying.' I respect and I listen because I always want to listen from Vince. He had everybody on his side. In my mind, I knew it wasn't true. They started putting my segments early so the 'Rusev Day' chants would go away. I was not even supposed to be on WrestleMania, the year I lost to Jinder. I was not on TV for three weeks. I'm sitting backstage all night and listening to people chant 'Rusev Day.' I went to one of the writers and I'm like, 'This is not right.' This is the first time I yelled at a writer, and I felt bad. He was like, 'We don't know what to do.' What do you mean you don't know what to do? Just listen. They'll tell you what to do. They're shoving me down and I don't understand why. What am I fighting for? I did everything, right? I went to acting classes, I started working on my body, I did all the extra stuff. I was just defeated. When Vince said the second time, 'they're fucking with you,' I said, 'Vince, we have sold out all of our merchandise.' 'What do you mean?' 'The shirt is sold out.' 'Well, maybe they didn't make enough.' 'They didn't make enough shirts, that's why it's sold out? Not because we're doing good? Really?' Then they didn't know what to do, good guy or bad guy, come on, man.
  • Like 2

Scary shit here...   

The Tampa Bay Times  has new details on the ongoing Sonya Deville case that led to Phillip A. Thomas being arrested for breaking into her home in Lutz, Florida, as well as stalking charges. In Deville’s petition to the court seeking protection from Thomas, she noted that she actually came face-to-face with him and yelled “What are doing, what do you want?” at him while he was holding a knife and pepper spray.
It’s also noted in the petition that Mandy Rose was at Deville’s house that night, and that Deville woke her up shortly after 2:41AM when her home alarm system went off. The two of them fled to the garage and were able to get away from the home from there.
Thomas thought Deville was still upstairs when she and Rose had already left, and has admitted that he planned to pepper spray her and hold her hostage until she answered all of his questions.
Deville noted that after she got Thomas’ name from authorities, she looked him up on Instagram and saw his “obsessive” messages to her account.
“The nature of the messages from this account were obsessive, suicidal, idolizing, saying, ‘You are the only person I will ever love,’” she wrote.
The last message on the account, at 12:16AM on Sunday, said, “Look outside, baby, by your pool. I’m here. I’m gonna kill that little b—- you have inside with you.”
In other messages, Thomas revealed that he had found out Deville’s address, made threats against her family, described sex acts, and posted a photo of his penis.

The petition was successful, as Deville was granted a temporary injunction against Thomas.

I just got the four DVD comp sets I ordered from Etsy and I legit don't know which one to start first. It's like 60 fucking DVDs, too. Three of the sets are just "4 star matches and above" from 1993, 1994 and 1995 from various promotions (AJPW, NJPW, AAA, SMW, WWF, WCW, etc) and the last one is a TWENTY DISC comp of the best of All Japan in the 90s.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

I just got the four DVD comp sets I ordered from Etsy and I legit don't know which one to start first. It's like 60 fucking DVDs, too. Three of the sets are just "4 star matches and above" from 1993, 1994 and 1995 from various promotions (AJPW, NJPW, AAA, SMW, WWF, WCW, etc) and the last one is a TWENTY DISC comp of the best of All Japan in the 90s.

How much did you pay for all of that?

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:
Why can't I do that? Why can't I show my personality backstage? Why can't I go in the ring and do what I do? Then I was told, 'Don't look at the people, don't smile, don't do this.' Really? Everything I'm doing, it seems the people are liking it. Why am I getting over and you're telling me to do the opposite? I didn't understand, I had a conversation with Vince and he told me that with Rusev Day, they were just mocking me, they didn't mean it," - Rusev recalled.
"[Rusev Day] was going on. There was no way the office didn't notice because it was before, after, during the show. It was everywhere. I always felt defeated because what was I doing it for? It was all competition and finally, I got to a point of, 'wow, we're doing something right.' There's no way it wasn't noticed. The first meeting it was, 'they're fucking with you, they don't mean what they're saying.' I respect and I listen because I always want to listen from Vince. He had everybody on his side. In my mind, I knew it wasn't true. They started putting my segments early so the 'Rusev Day' chants would go away. I was not even supposed to be on WrestleMania, the year I lost to Jinder. I was not on TV for three weeks. I'm sitting backstage all night and listening to people chant 'Rusev Day.' I went to one of the writers and I'm like, 'This is not right.' This is the first time I yelled at a writer, and I felt bad. He was like, 'We don't know what to do.' What do you mean you don't know what to do? Just listen. They'll tell you what to do. They're shoving me down and I don't understand why. What am I fighting for? I did everything, right? I went to acting classes, I started working on my body, I did all the extra stuff. I was just defeated. When Vince said the second time, 'they're fucking with you,' I said, 'Vince, we have sold out all of our merchandise.' 'What do you mean?' 'The shirt is sold out.' 'Well, maybe they didn't make enough.' 'They didn't make enough shirts, that's why it's sold out? Not because we're doing good? Really?' Then they didn't know what to do, good guy or bad guy, come on, man.

Reading shit like this and, and I'm not knocking anyone who still watches for whatever reason, whether out of habit or enjoyment or what, I'm so glad I'm not enabling this shitty company anymore. It's kinda embarrassing to me, again no judgments on anyone else, that with all the scummy shit they've pulled, it was a booking decision that finally got me to wash my hands of them (to elaborate, Hell in a Cell Rollins Vs Bray is when I decided I wasn't going to watch the weekly TV anymore, and just phased down to the ppvs, with a view to stopping completely, and then firing people during the pandemic is when I finally cancelled the network). But I just want wrestling where I don't get made to feel like an idiot for buying into someone. Rusev was one of my favourite guys. The Rusev Day shirt was one of a small handful of wrestling shirts I've ever owned. I remember going to a Smackdown around the time it really got big, and that was the most popular shirt I saw. I remember that Mania when he dropped the fall to Jinder. I remember just laughing and shaking my head, because you can't believe it, but at the same time, of course you can. Just total disdain for the audience, and it finally got to be too much for me. I look at the talent there and, honestly, it just makes me sad that so many of them are wasting away.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2