DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

39 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Kind of hoping “virtual fans” are AI bots designed to boo and cheer at the correct moments as opposed to videos of actual real people.

Although I can imagine bots ultimately getting bored with 3 hour Raws and turning against the product as well.

I won't be too surprised if Vince accidentally creates a new timeline where Skynet evolved and decided to wipe out humanity after being forced to watch 3-hr. Raws for a few months.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

WWE calling it a "long term residency" as if they're playing Vegas like Elvis, Celine Dion, or any number of washed up EDM dudes is really really fitting. 

I'd say it's more Branson than Vegas. 

(A) Finisher Only Match (Kojima) (B) No Finisher Match (Desperado)

This is possibly more meta than even DDT. 

• Haha 1

You gotta read the fine print on those stipulations.  I voted for Finishers Only thinking it would be hilarious, only to find out you could use any moves but only WIN with a finisher.  Which is...just like 99% of matches these days?

3 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

From the company that's given us Great Balls of Fire and a corporate ladder match, we all know they could have done way worse than Thunderdome.

They're still a long ways away from referencing Hunger Games.  I give it 2030. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

Regarding Dream:

Fuller wrote on Twitter that no one from WWE contacted him for their investigation. It should be noted that WWE has not commented on the investigation into Dream and the allegations made by his accusers. There is no word yet on exactly what WWE found or why they brought Dream back, but we will keep you updated.

"I'm still pissed," Fuller tweeted.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Remember that first Monday night iMPACT where they brought in Hogan, Flair, etc.? That first match in the giant red cage where Hernandez couldn't get out and then Jeff Hardy showed up, wasn't that called the Thunderdome or is my mind playing tricks?

They originally called it the TerrorDome in 2008 but by that point in 2010 called it the "Steel Asylum"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EVA said:

You gotta read the fine print on those stipulations.  I voted for Finishers Only thinking it would be hilarious, only to find out you could use any moves but only WIN with a finisher.  Which is...just like 99% of matches these days?

Is there any small chance both options get the same number of votes and they have to have a 60 minute broadway where they gradually die of exhaustion from taking and receiving a succession of moderately damaging transition moves

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

The SmackDome sounds like a place where junkies would hang out.

"Seattle" would have been too on-the-nose.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

You know "fake news" was a thing before Trump came into office, right?

You're fake news.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

"Seattle" would have been too on-the-nose.

You know, I wanted to get mad and defensive and stuff, but, eh. 

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

At some point people need to understand you can't claim to have investigated while not having talked to the key people involved.

To be fair, it's not WWE's job (or proper position) to have contacted him. (If warranted) it's the role of the authorities, you can't witness tamper.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

To be fair, it's not WWE's job (or proper position) to have contacted him. (If warranted) it's the role of the authorities, you can't witness tamper.

You aren't wrong per say, but they can't claim they investigated without actually having done an investigation either. Any real investigation has to contact the accusers at some point.

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You aren't wrong per say, but they can't claim they investigated without actually having done an investigation either. Any real investigation has to contact the accusers at some point.

On top of that, if it has gotten to the point where it's considered witness tampering, there would be no need of WWE doing their own independent investigation. Dream wouldn't even be on the roster anymore.

• Like 1