DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That's because it's not. It's just fan theory stuff. 

South Park quote: "Stop reading things into shit that aren't there!"

That notwithstanding, I must say that fan theory stuff DOES sound fascinating!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

South Park quote: "Stop reading things into shit that aren't there!"

That notwithstanding, I must say that fan theory stuff DOES sound fascinating!

Yeah, it's just a fan theory. Felt like sharing it. Too much ap english re wired my brain. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I think we're halfway there with their weird fixation on what words are appropriate and what sends you to the Ministry of Catering. 

Minifood in Newspeak.

Now my mind is filled with converting Vince-jargon into Newspeak:

championship opportunity = oppochamp

medical facility = medfac 

just want to have fun and entertain the WWE universe = doubleunifun

• Haha 1

Do they even bother to script Truth, or do they just let him do whatever considering how he can break basically everyone.

51 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Glad it's back. Good luck to Kayla Braxton/Xavier Woods following on from Renee Young and Daniel Bryan.

Have to admit i like the sound of Xavier/Kayla a good deal. Hopefully the roster has more freedom on it like they did in the original.

Can anyone think of any Wrestlers who have, in the space of one calendar year, wrestled for WWE, Impact and RoH? Because I know Matt and Jeff Hardy had that one month where they did all three (doing Mania week ROH vs the Bucks and then Wrestling at Mania as well), and Alex Shelley has done all three this year (because he's not signed anywhere), but is that the only three? And is there any way we can get Shelley an AEW booking so he can be the first to do the new American promotional Grand Slam.

Cody did WWE. Impact and ROH in 2016.

Colt Cabana did WWE, ROH and a TNA dark match in 2009. Just barely, technically counts.

Samoa Joe did NXT, Impact and ROH in 2015. Worked a match at the Wrestlemania On-Sale party, which was advertised as a WWE show, but featuring almost exclusively NXT matches.

• Thanks 1

Assorted WWE news

Rey has re-signed with WWE for 3 more years.

WWE 's upcoming ppv schedule : Clash of Champions on September 27, Hell In a Cell on November 1, Survivor Series on November 22, TLC on December 20.

Some of the ThunderDome stuff will be kept when they can resume shows with fans in attendances again. 

Edited by D.Z

47 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Some of the ThunderDome stuff will be kept when they can resume shows with fans in attendances again. 

This seems unlikely.  At some point in the next couple months, Vince will look at the weekly ratings, lose interest in Thunderdome, and it will never be mentioned again.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eoae said:

This seems unlikely.  At some point in the next couple months, Vince will look at the weekly ratings, lose interest in Thunderdome, and it will never be mentioned again.

Honestly the setup is just mostly the same as pre covid with "fans" on multiple screens. They will just keep the thingy on top.

Edited by D.Z

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Have to admit i like the sound of Xavier/Kayla a good deal. Hopefully the roster has more freedom on it like they did in the original.

Oddly enough, I could have sworn Cole said on Smackdown tonight that Braxton and The Miz would be hosting.

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Can anyone think of any Wrestlers who have, in the space of one calendar year, wrestled for WWE, Impact and RoH? Because I know Matt and Jeff Hardy had that one month where they did all three (doing Mania week ROH vs the Bucks and then Wrestling at Mania as well), and Alex Shelley has done all three this year (because he's not signed anywhere), but is that the only three? And is there any way we can get Shelley an AEW booking so he can be the first to do the new American promotional Grand Slam.

Raven in 2003. 

Edited by CanadianChris
  • Like 1

Sasha Banks vs. Bayley at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn is five today. The most important WWE Women's match ever. A brilliant ***** match I'll be watching back today. I will say I'm in the minority preferring the Iron Man rematch at NXT TakeOver: Respect. I gave that the full five as well.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Dewar said:

Cody did WWE. Impact and ROH in 2016.

Colt Cabana did WWE, ROH and a TNA dark match in 2009. Just barely, technically counts.

Samoa Joe did NXT, Impact and ROH in 2015. Worked a match at the Wrestlemania On-Sale party, which was advertised as a WWE show, but featuring almost exclusively NXT matches.

Adding to this, Paul London, Kazarian and Matt Bentley/Michael Shane all did it in 2003.

• Like 1