DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Also, how long until a wrestler "hacks" the feed and appears on all of the monitors? It's going to be Bray who does it, right? Like he'll use his spooky powers to appear on all of the screens?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

big-brother-1984.jpg

The future of WWE.

We cheer for Baron Corbin. We've always cheered for Baron Corbin.

Nineteen Eighty-Four is my favourite ever book. My IHS Dissertation was on the works of George Orwell. Really enjoyed that degree.

27 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Nineteen Eighty-Four is my favourite ever book. My IHS Dissertation was on the works of George Orwell. Really enjoyed that degree.

I think we're halfway there with their weird fixation on what words are appropriate and what sends you to the Ministry of Catering. 

• Like 6

With all that's going on elsewhere the last thing I need is more reminders of 1984.  Not from you fine folks but from the subject matter y'all are talking about.

And I'm going to try and say this one time but I don't blame anybody that wants to check out stuff like this out of morbid curiosity.  The Underground segment/Retribution stuff was a similar deal where people were inclined to tune in and I get it.  But at the same time that curiosity factor will increase the ratings for them and to me that feels like if it goes up then that rewards their wacky decisions.  I feel that they should be rewarded for consistently good shows instead of hot-shotting ideas like this.So for that reason I'm not tuning in and will just follow along on Twitter and/or the post-show thread.

• Like 3

Why did Michael Bloomberg yesterday at the DNC talk about Vince Russo?

Would you rehire or work for someone who ran your business into the ground? And who always does what's best for him or her even when it hurts the company? And whose reckless decisions put you in danger?

Holy fuck there's a lot to watch this weekend. Takeover AND Dynamite tomorrow, maybe UFC as well, and Summerslam on Sunday. Summerslam is probably the one I might skip, but if I watch anything from it, it might be some of the womens stuff and Drew vs Randy.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Also, how long until a wrestler "hacks" the feed and appears on all of the monitors? It's going to be Bray who does it, right? Like he'll use his spooky powers to appear on all of the screens?

Haven’t we had or potentially had hacker gimmicks for at least 10 years now? Wasn’t that going to be Callihan’s gimmick in some promotion? 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Holy fuck there's a lot to watch this weekend. Takeover AND Dynamite tomorrow, maybe UFC as well, and Summerslam on Sunday. Summerslam is probably the one I might skip, but if I watch anything from it, it might be some of the womens stuff and Drew vs Randy.

Two Black Label Pro shows tomorrow (on IWTV) and GCW Tournament of Survival (on Fite). Then Beyond and GCW doing a double header (on IWTV) on Sunday afternoon.

6 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

What a boring dystopia we live in. I at least thought their might be jetpacks by now or something.

It does paint our world in a bad situation when you realize that the Jetsons had a better idea of the future in the 60's then now.   

by the way I understand being scared of heights and stuff but if my dad who is about Vince's age has to take a 20 foot trust fall in order to convince me i would feel like shit.  come on Gronk man up

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

it looks like something out of a movie with a dystopian future

I was gonna suggest somebody do one with the 1984 videoscreen face on it -- commercial or film. 

EDIT: Christ I really need to STOP POSTING BEFORE I SCROLL DOWN

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That's because it's not. It's just fan theory stuff. 

South Park quote: "Stop reading things into shit that aren't there!"

That notwithstanding, I must say that fan theory stuff DOES sound fascinating!

• Like 1