DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

5 hours ago, D.Z said:

Maybe co leads Cornette and Russo. Then they can fight in a turkey on a pole match for sole power.

It would have to be under social distancing rules though, Russo's got the restraining order.

16 hours ago, caley said:

Bruce's book is incredible, as he basically credits himself for....

I enjoyed Straight from the Hart much more than expected, but I also feel it probably belongs in the fiction section.

It's a fascinating read, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

I enjoyed Straight from the Hart much more than expected, but I also feel it probably belongs in the fiction section.

It's a fascinating read, though.

There was a book from around the same period that detailed the history of Stampede Wrestling that is pretty good, too.  He clearly leaned heavily on Bruce's accounts of things but also tried to challenge him a few times: 'Pain and Passion' by Heath McCoy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Same crap, nerdier setting...

That looks.... really busy.  I’m wondering if there isn’t going to be so much going on in the background, it’ll be an effort to ficus on the foreground (the match).

• Like 1

I think I'd rather have the audience from WWF Warzone than this off putting virtual audience that looks like the world's largest Brady Bunch. Give me blown out pixelated nightmare people on a three frame loop that are very obviously revealed to be 2D when the camera pans around them.

• Like 5

i mean are they really showing the same faces 3 or 4 times because they think people will not noticed or care or did they have that few people interesting in the virtual thing that they had to duplicate things.   And still with empty boxes

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

i mean are they really showing the same faces 3 or 4 times because they think people will not noticed or care or did they have that few people interesting in the virtual thing that they had to duplicate things.   And still with empty boxes

It was a test run with a limited number of people. 

• Like 2

That's probably just a test with fewer people. I imagine the plan for tomorrow is to have nobody duplicated, although that means they'll have to have a subs bench of people who aren't onscreen at the beginning, but is put on live to replace everyone who falls asleep or starts wanking or is wearing a Cody Rhodes shirt or something.

Anyone who was thinking of getting IWTV for the Battlarts, but was put off by the fact that there was only 12 shows on there... there's 35 Battlarts shows up now. 2007-2011.

• Like 3

In that third pic with the corner long shot the setup looks sort of cool (but way too busy and blue). In that 2nd pic focusing on the action just looks terrifying and awful. I’ll check it out tomorrow just to see, but not gonna be shocked if we see live fans and no more Thunderdome before this lease ends in October. 

Edit: in those shots where the crowd is layered and deep it looks way better than the shots where the crowd looks flat and on top of each other. The blue lights just look ridiculous though. 

Edited by matt925