DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

16 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I know I'm late to the party, but did anyone notice this week's Smackdown episode was rated TV 14? The rating bug wasn't present until they came back from break with Big E & Morrison in the back. Not sure if it's for the increased man vs woman interaction, or the violent themes of Retribution. But it's the first TV 14 show since what? 2008? 2009? Wonder if they are tinkering and testing short term or if there's a possibility Smackdown stays a little more adult in theme? Kinda bizarre to just throw it out there like that.

Probably a cross between Retribution doing what they do and Braun attacking Alexa. 

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can only speak on WWE but they have not done enough to protect the women there.  Very little if any security.  It also doesn't help that management and company men put the women right it harm's way because "respect the biz". 

I don't understand this. This happened at Sonya's actual home and it doesn't sound like there were any public signs of this guy coming after her until he actually did. What type of security is WWE supposed to be offering here? 

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't understand this. This happened at Sonya's actual home and it doesn't sound like there were any public signs of this guy coming after her until he actually did. What type of security is WWE supposed to be offering here? 

I was replying to the people talking about autograph sessions and events, etc. 

• Like 2

You basically have to protect yourself at that point. Keep your address from being out there, and don’t give clues to your whereabouts on social media through pictures.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she was followed from the PC either. Since that’s where they go back, and forth from.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

7 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Where can I purchase such a collection? I’d like to delve into a year in World Class or Mid-South since I only got WWF as a kid. 

If you dont have/support the network, just about everything is on youtube.

,i saw an 84 WCCW show earlier that they had rated tv-ma for all the juice.

Bill Mercer shaving his beard, and cutting his hair short a week later is a fucking travesty. He aged 20 years with that move. That was what, the height of Magnum P.I.? Thats when the stache craze started? 

Another observation... WCCW jobbers have great robes. These aren’t guys given gear from the back. You can tell they put some money in their looks. Too bad they couldn’t put money into their faces.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

40 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Bill Mercer shaving his beard, and cutting his hair short a week later is a fucking travesty. He aged 20 years with that move. That was what, the height of Magnum P.I.? Thats when the stache craze started? 

Another observation... WCCW jobbers have great robes. These aren’t guys given gear from the back. You can tell they put some money in their looks. Too bad they couldn’t put money into their faces.

Frank Dusek's PINK PANTHER robe from 82-83 was fucking amazing. I would wear that bad boy to work, on the train, in the dog run...

tumblr_n1wasdirZw1st8ue6o2_r1_500.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Holy shit, was he the Texas Baba? I am really astonished how much better their robes are compared to the stars. Kerry just walks out in Adidas track tops for crying out loud. Though to be fair, Adidas track suits were probably pricey in 83.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I know I'm late to the party, but did anyone notice this week's Smackdown episode was rated TV 14? The rating bug wasn't present until they came back from break with Big E & Morrison in the back. Not sure if it's for the increased man vs woman interaction, or the violent themes of Retribution. But it's the first TV 14 show since what? 2008? 2009? Wonder if they are tinkering and testing short term or if there's a possibility Smackdown stays a little more adult in theme? Kinda bizarre to just throw it out there like that.

I'm almost positive there's been something WWE related since 08/09 that's been rated TV14. Maybe it was a PPV or something though, but I remember this happening (just not the specifics).

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Frank Dusek's PINK PANTHER robe from 82-83 was fucking amazing. I would wear that bad boy to work, on the train, in the dog run...

tumblr_n1wasdirZw1st8ue6o2_r1_500.png

Dusek looking like wrestling Peter Dinklage, having dope robes, and being whiny is one of my favorite things from my WCCW watching.

Her stalker's Twitter account was posted on SquaredCircle (because of course it was) and it's very creepy. It's just retweet after retweet of anything and everything Sonya related. Someone should have reported him before he had the chance to do this, he was showing warning signs for months now.

8 hours ago, nofuture said:

A stalker was arrested at Sonya Deville's home this morning.  Apparently it looks like he was going to kidnap her: https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2020/08/16/obsessed-with-lutz-homeowner-south-carolina-man-came-to-kidnap-him-sheriff-says/

Scary news to wake up to. Glad Sonya's okay. There's some horrible folk out there with warped views and warped actions.

3 hours ago, BEN! said:

I don't remember Jake Roberts being part of this crew.

How else do you think he got into AEW? I don't remember Danny McBride being in WCW, but I suppose that explains Will Ferrell's Ric Flair bit from Eastbound & Down.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Her stalker's Twitter account was posted on SquaredCircle (because of course it was) and it's very creepy. It's just retweet after retweet of anything and everything Sonya related. Someone should have reported him before he had the chance to do this, he was showing warning signs for months now.

They actually gave his exact Twitter handle in that article linked before, too.

4 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I saw this as a Botchamania ending today and nearly died myself laughing as I immediately knew what it was referencing.

Ryu watching the screen at an awkward angle. Bellissimo! A nice dose of levity too, amongst the creepery and all of the other shit.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Surely, that mysterious masked man in the audience is going to take part at some point! (Yes, I know he does.)