DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Mine:

1. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin. WrestleMania 13.

2. Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart. WrestleMania X.

3. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker. In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997.

4. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. WrestleMania 25.

Honourable mention to Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena. SummerSlam 2013. Might switch that with Taker/HBK, WM 25.

• Like 1

Yeah 4 is just too small for me.

44 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also, the first encounter between Brock Lesnar and John Cena.

You mean from Brock's return right, or were you a legit big fan of their first match back in 2003?

47 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't possibly narrow it down to 4 matches though I like the choices so far.   I think Sgt. Slaughter vs. Pat Patterson belongs on the list.  Also, the first encounter between Brock Lesnar and John Cena. 

I'd swap the Slaughter/Patterson Alley Fight with the Royal Rumble match on my list.

I just remember seeing Jumping Joe Savoldi win the Jr. title from Tazmaniac at least 20 times on TV, but that was ICW. Loved seeing King Curtis in that video. Him screaming is one of my favorite things in wrestling.

36 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Yeah 4 is just too small for me.

You mean from Brock's return right, or were you a legit big fan of their first match back in 2003?

Yeah the bloody brawl from Extreme Rules 2012 I believe..     I was actually at the Backlash match in 2003   Worcester,  Mass lol

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Robert s said:

Bret sounds like 45 here at times. Seriously, count the number of superlatives and hyperbole like "the best match of all time".

I haven't heard it yet but what did Bret do to you to insult him like that?  ?

Seriously though without hearing it yet Bret does think highly of his work as he should.  I've gotten used to the superlatives/hyperbole he's thrown out over the years so it's all good with me.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, matt925 said:

Yeah I thought a beach would be a way better look than an empty arena, although an arena is a way better look than the performance center. 

These gimmick match themed PPVS are getting out of hand. An all extreme match PPV is one thing, but an all empty arena match PPV?

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Mine:

1. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin. WrestleMania 13.

2. Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart. WrestleMania X.

3. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker. In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997.

4. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. WrestleMania 25.

Honourable mention to Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena. SummerSlam 2013. Might switch that with Taker/HBK, WM 25.

That first two are on mine, although probably swapped. Canadian Stampede would likely be on my list, possibly along with something like the Sasha/Bayley Ironman match.

• Like 1

Good picks everyone!

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

These gimmick match themed PPVS are getting out of hand. An all extreme match PPV is one thing, but an all empty arena match PPV?

That first two are on mine, although probably swapped. Canadian Stampede would likely be on my list, possibly along with something like the Sasha/Bayley Ironman match.

Yeah, I'm not the only one who prefers the Iron Man match between Bayley and Sasha Banks at NXT TakeOver: Respect 2015 to the NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2015 match. Love them both but always rated the Iron Man match as the better of the two Banks/Bayley bouts.

15 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I encourage any wrestling company filming without fans to set their ring up in the weirdest locations possible. A beach is good, the forest, an abandoned factory, temporarily closed water park, etc.

Seriously.  I love seeing wrestling in different-looking locations instead of WWE's sterile shit where every Raw and Smackdown looks the same.  Is that abandoned Six Flags in Louisiana still somewhat standing?  Shit, just have the production crew watch "Abandoned" on Vice and shoot shows in all those places.

• Like 2

Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect from King of the Ring 1993 is superior.

Also:

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart Wrestlemania X

Hart Foundation vs LOD/Ken Shamrock/Goldust and Steve Austin from Canadian Stampede

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar with Cash In from Seth Rollins at WM

Edited by MoeCristyV.1.6

Canadian Stampede 10-man

Bret/Austin (WM13)

Bryan/Cena (Summerslam)

Bayley/Sasha (Iron Man)

Honorable Mention: Eddie Guerrero/Kurt Angle (WM20)

That's where I'd start and then mess with the list for the rest of my life.

Edited by Godfrey

22 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect from King of the Ring 1993 is superior.

Also:

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart Wrestlemania X

Hart Foundation vs LOD/Ken Shamrock/Goldust and Steve Austin from Canadian Stampede

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar with Cash In from Seth Rollins at WM

I like the 91 match with Bret/Perfect  because Perfect did all this with a bad back.  Knowing how hurt he was and the performance he turned in was incredible, add the atmosphere of Bret winning his first singles WWF belt and it's gold Jerry... GOLD

• Like 2