DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Too soon?

FB_IMG_1597178433735.jpg

Yes! Mainly because Fox News has been purposely pronouncing Kamala like that of the pro wrestler. It’s racist and disrespectful which isn’t shocking coming from Fox News, but over the next few months there’s going to be people referring Senator Harris as Ka-mall-ah not Comma-la purely in jokey racist terms along with memes replacing her with the late Jim Harris. 

I know there’s been a lot of pro wrestling fans making jokes about Kamala and Kamala and I’m sure most of the time it’s in good fun, but the right wingers aren’t doing it in good fun. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Yes! Mainly because Fox News has been purposely pronouncing Kamala like that of the pro wrestler. It’s racist and disrespectful which isn’t shocking coming from Fox News, but over the next few months there’s going to be people referring Senator Harris as Ka-mall-ah not Comma-la purely in jokey racist terms along with memes replacing her with the late Jim Harris. 

I know there’s been a lot of pro wrestling fans making jokes about Kamala and Kamala and I’m sure most of the time it’s in good fun, but the right wingers aren’t doing it in good fun. 

It occurs to me reading this post that I had never heard her name pronounced properly, because all this time reading her name online/in print, I just always assumed it was pronounced like the wrestler, had no idea it was the other way!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, caley said:

It occurs to me reading this post that I had never heard her name pronounced properly, because all this time reading her name online/in print, I just always assumed it was pronounced like the wrestler, had no idea it was the other way!

Yo, I'm a California resident. I fucking hate politics, and have only in the last couple of years began to pay more mind to them because of how fucked everything has gotten under our current fuckhead-in-chief. 

I make that point only to say that on my way home from work yesterday when NPR was discussing her nomination was the first time I heard her spoken name, and I instantly felt like an idiot. I just saw it and immediately tied to the only possible pronunciation my brain could link to that name.

Fucking pro wres, man. Making us all a little dumber. 

• Like 6

On 8/12/2020 at 5:58 PM, grilledcheese said:

Yo, I'm a California resident. I fucking hate politics, and have only in the last couple of years began to pay more mind to them because of how fucked everything has gotten under our current fuckhead-in-chief. 

I make that point only to say that on my way home from work yesterday when NPR was discussing her nomination was the first time I heard her spoken name, and I instantly felt like an idiot. I just saw it and immediately tied to the only possible pronunciation my brain could link to that name.

Fucking pro wres, man. Making us all a little dumber. 

Haha, there's a song off the new Phoebe Bridgers album that I love that has the lyrics

I don't forgive you

But please don't hold me to it
Born under Scorpio skies

and all I can think of is 

451005f5c06ba9be-600x338.jpg

• Like 3