DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

Warrior Wrestling breaking the 'second half of 2020' attendance record while maintaining social distancing:

Ee_VN38XsAAKqg_?format=jpg&name=medium

Ee7u_c-X0AAuAmc?format=jpg&name=large

Dezmond Xavier casually levitating his way to the ring.

• Like 12

On 8/8/2020 at 7:11 PM, Ace said:

11/14/1887

Somebody has been posting a lot of these really old articles in Chris Hero's subreddit at r/WrestlingGenius. They're pretty cool.

I'm fascinated with the "even billiards" aside. Was there a lot of hippodroming and crookedness going on in billiards in the late nineteenth century?

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Billiards would seem to be an easy sport to work, as witness things iike The Hustler and The Color of Money. And we know Pool with a Capital P rhymes with T which stands for Trouble. 

Well sure, billiards has always been associated with crookedness. But out-and-out hippodroming? Have they no shame?

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Billiards would seem to be an easy sport to work, as witness things iike The Hustler and The Color of Money. And we know Pool with a Capital P rhymes with T which stands for Trouble. 

Jeffery, break out Lucile.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8ymcrnixmyf51.jpg

2020 is Manami Toyota driving Rina Yamashita to a violent and bloody deathmatch in Ice Ribbon on the back of a Harley.

See Manami could have been in Sturgis over the weekend, and she instead decided to do this so a woman can beat the shit out of another woman with countless lighttubes. She's a responsible human being. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

EPFaViqXUAIQM7D.jpg

Video store memories

I wish I'd had one so well and consistenly-stocked.

Ours would be more like Wrestlemania II, IV, VIII, X.  Summerslam 88, 89, 90, 95. Survivor Series 95,96,98.  One single Great Amercian Bash tape that had only one Wargames match on it. Three WCW tapes, all featuring Hulk Hogan/Dungeon of Doom main events. A couple Coliseum Video tapes. One women's wrestling tape with the covered taped over and a R-Rated sticker that said "Not for kids" on the front.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My local place had Royal Rumble 1992 and everything WWF from 97 to 2000, but the specialty grocer on the other side of town had tons of 90's All Japan and New Japan bootlegs. I had to learn katakana to rent them so the whole endeavor was worthwhile.

• Like 4

Mine was pretty good when it came to Coliseum home videos. For WCW they had GAB 90, Wrestlewar 92, BATB 94 and everything from 98. As I started getting older I would record the tapes on a separate VCR. Too bad vhs tapes are worthless nowadays.

• Like 1