DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

That match seemingly went on forever. 21 minutes according to cagematch. They didn't have great chemistry for whatever reason. Was the In Your House match they had while Austin was still a heel any good? I don't really remember it. 

13 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That match seemingly went on forever. 21 minutes according to cagematch. They didn't have great chemistry for whatever reason. Was the In Your House match they had while Austin was still a heel any good? I don't really remember it. 

On the smoking skull sessions with Taker they talked about this match and Austin said he smacked his face on Taker's skull on some pedesterian spot early on and has no recollection of the rest of the match. So Taker was bottlefeeding him just like Foley during the HitC! That may have something to do with the lack of chemistry. I liked this match better than I did the Cold Day In Hell IYH match, but that's neither here nor there.

15 hours ago, Jiji said:

It had a great hype video(“Highway to Hell) that most talk about, and was what the opening to Wrestlemania 2000 based on, but yeah the match isn’t good. The two always had good spurts of moments in matches, and segments, but the singles matches just dragged. I think it’s just that late 90’s heel Taker stunk in the ring. He was as slow, and boring as face Taker, but face Taker at least had heels running scared, and overselling. With a red hot babyface like Austin, he needs heels who will keep up with his fast brawling pace, and Taker wouldn’t provide that. 

Although funny enough, both are faces in the match, and... Let’s just say it’s no Warrior Vs. Hogan.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Shartnado said:

On the smoking skull sessions with Taker they talked about this match and Austin said he smacked his face on Taker's skull on some pedesterian spot early on and has no recollection of the rest of the match. So Taker was bottlefeeding him just like Foley during the HitC! That may have something to do with the lack of chemistry. I liked this match better than I did the Cold Day In Hell IYH match, but that's neither here nor there.

2:40

Edited by george young
ad on
  • Like 2

Lee Moriarty MV. A nice throwback to when music videos (not gifs) were how wrestlers got hype.

Also, this:

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1