DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

Lino Di Santo vs Liano Pellacani

The match comes alive once Pellacani starts heeling, but before that... I love how tight this is:

xn4j23.gif

No one can hang on to holds quite like guys in 1950s France:

E8oQ0Y.gif

Tiny, tiny thing but things will get bigger soon: look at how he brings the hand down and grinds his knee against it to gain advantage for the throw:

OMB98Y.gif

• Like 2

Again, Pellacani's reaction to the ref admonishing him here is amazing. 

OMB9ZL.gif

Here's some comeback by Di Santo. Lots to see here, but my favorite bits are the early point up and the late trip.

WLNB8v.gif

Pellacani just being a grade A jerk, threatening the crowd and then leaning back so Di Santo can't get him.

6XJV0l.gif

• Like 4

Seeing that Eli Drake GIF above, and I'm trying to figure out how so many indies try one-off "concept" shows and even WWE/IMPACT trying new oddball things during this era, how has no one yet done a show that is essentially along the lines of "IMPACT Wrestling Presents: The VIDEO GAME!" or "Joey Janela's Wrestling Arcade", where wrestling video game conventions such as energy meters, move chargers, grapple struggle meters, commentary done as stilted video game one-liners, and other things like in the above GIF are layered in over the wrestling footage?  It would take a lot of pre-planning and most likely need to be pre-taped with a lot of post-production to come off accordingly, but I could see that being fun for a one-off show.

You could even edit in jump cuts during a couple of matches to simulate "glitches".

• Like 1

Pellacani was advanced enough to jam a neckbreaker in 1958.

wV4gkM.gif

Likewise, this is a finish to a fall and it comes after dodging that same back kick that really let Pellacani take over earlier in the match, so this is fairly advanced structuring.

D1nEYq.gif

This is just people throwing trash into the ring.

MwzBE5.gif

• Like 2

Finishing off Pellacani.

Sometimes we see rapid gut punches in the Catch footage and I'm always for them:

VAMZ5W.gif

And this sums him up so well. It's just a mastery of the moment. The match is over, he's getting his robes on and he teases one last rush attack across the ring, only to fool everyone, stop, and bow to the crowd. What an absolute king.

YWPXQn.gif

Here's the link to both the Gerber and the Pellacani matches:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yes, it was.

He shouldn't have stood in front of the L like that. It looked his name was Walter Water.

• Like 1

I can give credit for Shane trying a SSP but that it's hard to fully appreciate that when you see his head bonking off the mat.  If it didn't work for Brock at WM then it's not something a sub-50-year-old man should be doing.

• Like 1

Other match this week was Duranton vs Dula. Jetlag was pretty high on it. I thought it was weird. Feel free to provide opinions.

It starts off fairly clean if clunky. Duranton's the haughty heel we've seen a bunch lately, a former bodybuilder. Here though, it's Dula who gets really dirty and for no apparent reason:

NLAyx6.gif

So this sums up Dula in the match. Hairpull to get over. A bunch of punches. Drops a knee. And then he gets up and waves to the crowd pleasantly. I love how bemused the guy in glasses in the front looks:

4Q0P81.gif

None of this was warranted and the crowd doesn't know what to do with it because they really don't like Duranton either and this guy keeps waving!

k84NZ5.gif

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I can give credit for Shane trying a SSP but that it's hard to fully appreciate that when you see his head bonking off the mat.  If it didn't work for Brock at WM then it's not something a sub-50-year-old man should be doing.

In all fairness he would have been fine had someone actually been there to take the move. it wasn't a botch like Brock did.