DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Andre was worried that Andre wasn't going to do business so they kept Andre off the card, just in case, but Andre went up as light as a feather for Andre.  Three months later, Andre died, and was mourned by Andre.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

French wrestling rolls on.

First match is L'Homme Masque who is like the other masked guys but a heel and HUGE vs Delaporte who is, as always, a pissy heel Mr. Belvedere. 

Love the back peddling:

K1q9Rn.gif

I have days like this too:

P7yW8n.gif

Poor bastard:

VAGn91.gif

• Like 6

The first few minutes are all Delaporte trying and failing in highly comedic ways.

QnzgG7.gif

The crowd's pretty delighted by it:

ZYMrnv.gif

This doesn't work but Delaporte uses the rope like this to drive his knee into a guy's leg a lot so I liked to see him try it here too.

3Q8VXr.gif

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Matt D said:

First match is L'Homme Masque who is like the other masked guys but a heel and HUGE vs Delaporte who is, as always, a pissy heel Mr. Belvedere. 

Damn! I didn't think that steroids existed yet, in the black-and-white-TV era. 

Edited by gordi

Alright, L'Homme finally catches Delaporte and then it gets a little dull with a lot of wristlock stuff BUT, there are some highlights, like these knees:

81ZKNl.gif

Then it gets pretty darn good with this mangling of the arm over the rope, over and over again as the ref tries anything to stop it:

gZoME9.gif

And these arm-trap beales were basically what I was hoping for:

vl0LvV.gif

The best is yet to come though.

• Like 4

Rushing this one out because the middle gif is amazing.

So Delaporte does get a comeback hammering the guy on the turnbuckle:

D1jWoB.gif

It doesn't work and this is the response and holy shit is it ever amazing. It's maybe my favorite thing I've seen in this footage so far. Definitely top ten. It's exactly what a monster should do 

1WZGk3.gif

Post match (and yeah, it was basically over after that), Delaporte, being a lead heel and one of the promoters at the time, gets his heat back by menacing the announcer:

NLwW6L.gif

• Like 5

I think I first saw Frye from that time period on like Jujigatame Puroresu fifteen years ago or more. Either that or like Strong Style Spirit. It's been awhile, which makes it hilarious people are just seeing that now.

• Like 1

Next up is Hayes/Hunter vs Kaiser/Von Kramer. We've seen Hayes just eat guys up but the German duo were going to put their foot down here:

I love how shooty this feels despite being so over the top:

L7rDpp.gif

Look at how easy Hayes makes this look:

ROAnyz.gif

Beautiful throw; great explosive comeback.

81ZAn2.gif

• Like 3

On 8/23/2020 at 10:22 PM, Matt D said:

First match is L'Homme Masque who is like the other masked guys but a heel and HUGE

Wait... they had multiple masked guys, but one is just named "L'Homme Masque"? (French for "The Masked Man".)