DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

Again, this is how you get over a monster. He's staggered by the forearms but don't really sell them and then LeDuc just drops like a brick when hit himself:

D1jqoA.gif

Masked heels need to do this:

XLKQ98.gif

And they need a finish a few decades before its time:

3Q86x4.gif

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Matt D said:

Again, this is how you get over a monster. He's staggered by the forearms but don't really sell them and then LeDuc just drops like a brick when hit himself:

D1jqoA.gif

All I hear is Takayama's theme music. HEY! HEY! HEY! This is surely DEAN approved "beating the fuck out of each other".

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just think if the barbed wire WASN'T there. The guy suplexing pretty much hit the ring anyway, but at least it broke his fall somewhat. 

It actually might be worse. You can get severe whiplash because of the barbwire net. Think landing on the wrestling cables off a Suplex.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It actually might be worse. You can get severe whiplash because of the barbwire net. Think landing on the wrestling cables off a Suplex.

Isn't that how Mr Pogo messed his neck up, taking a bump onto a wire net in a Double Hell Death match and whiplashing?

If you've watched the whole of that scaffold/ barbed wire trampoline ring match, it's basically three spots. They fall off the lower level of the scaffold into the wire. Then they fall off the middle level of the scaffold into the wire. And then they do that superplex off the top of the scaffold into the wire.

• Like 1

Other match for this week was Johnny Stein (Kurt von Stroheim and the second Kurt von Brauner) vs Jean Bout.

Nice little spot:

K1q6OM.gif

The lighting on this match was kind of wild. Obviously the fans did not like this:

NLw89D.gif

Nasty 90% STF (Elevated) in 1959. 

XLKMo5.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Isn't that how Mr Pogo messed his neck up, taking a bump onto a wire net in a Double Hell Death match and whiplashing?

He fell face first from the ring, which isn't much of a fall. I dunno how you whiplash off that but I never took a physics class. 

Anyway, in looking for Matsunaga taking his flip senton off the scaffold to the wire net in the Circus Death Match, I found this instead: Zandig being unable to perform a powerbomb.

tumblr_nc2byoVmWm1sdqajoo1_400.gifv

Good job there Big Daddy Cool. Then again, I guess if Matsunaga went any higher and came down at another angle it would've been worse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1