DVDVR Message Board

AUG 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

When your open air Deathmatch show gets rained off, what do you do? Move it indoors to the barn and wrestle no-ring deathmatches on the dirt floor!

• Like 1

Next week we'e got Tarres vs Kaiser 

This was basically headbutt vs nerve hold again.

Kaiser is the sort of guy who won't hesitate to sell his hand huge after punching someone with a head of steel:

q74kl7.gif

I love this knee-assisted armbar:

D1nVQ6.gif

Kaiser with the 1959 (we're onto 59 now) Full Nelson Slam

L7yVvD.gif

• Like 3

Last one for Kaiser vs Tarres. I love this sell. This is the stub your toe sell, but to getting headbutted by a guy with an iron head. It was presented as a killshot, as something that you wanted to avoid but it was also most of his offense so Kaiser had to find creative ways to get it over without one just ending the match:

nx49Xl.gif

Other match from the first show was Villars vs Botana. Our first look at Botana. Villars is yet another great, straightforward rogue of the time. What's cool about this one is that it sets up the debut of France's Santo equivalent, L'Ange Blanc, who wants to get justice on the villains. We'll get there though.

Someone needs to steal this:

jZ49MW.gif

Likewise, this:

oV4gKz.gif

• Like 1

If only one thing comes back from 50s French Catch, it should be the double leg nelson:

NLA6lp.gif

Including this escape attempt and cut off:

ROGVpK.gif

In my mind this was the exact moment that L'Ange Blanc decided that Villars needed to be punished (which would happen a couple of weeks later):

ZYQ9AR.gif

• Like 3

On to the debut of L'Ange Blanc who you often see referenced as the Santo of France. He only wore the mask wrestling for a few years and this is the first full match we have with him in it. Vs Villars again.

Villars did this to get heat more than advantage:

lx49A6.gif

Just good headscissors control/punishing:

q74kJr.gif

Not quite the Mascaras flying headbutt but it gets the job done:

zvjw08.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ohtani's jacket said:

I'm curious to see what you guys make of L'Ange Blanc. The Villars match is much better than his other stuff, IIRC. 

My initial takeaway was "much more Atlantis than el Hijo del Santo." What excites me with the footage at this point is how one week seems to loosely lead into the next. Villars roughs up Botana. L'Ange Blanc debuts to face him. Bourreau de Béthune debuts immediately thereafter in a weirdly formatted show (where the crowd seemingly gets in his way forcing an impromptu Gerber match). I think our footage will get spotty again though (1 in March but then it gets a little better) so we'll see if it carries through.