DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/29/2020

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Seriously he looks like Matt Morgan.  Good thing that drug policy in AEW is non-existant 

Vince gonna see that clip and think "goddamn! Who is THAT?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Not if you listen to people here. ? 

Getting shitty about who the legal man is in a Tornado Tag match? Sounding drunk and snippy all night? Taz being audibly hot at him (and sad about it)? Man, this is weird. It's been a dark cloud hanging above the show all friggin' night. I defend JR more often than I drag him. This is one of the most familiar voices my ears have ever heard sounding a whole new kind of off.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

I've defended JR before but something was up this episode. Criticizing the writing, the props, Schiavone's acting. Taz and Tony covered when they could but someone needs to tell JR that his on air grumblings take away from the show way more than people not using tag ropes or whatever his bitch is this week. Plus he got lost a few times. Bad night maybe but he was definitely a negative this week.

I thought Mox looked great in the main event, really crisp. Starks also had a great night, his promo was on point, he looked right at home in the ring, and he took that awful thumbtack attack so he's earned his money already.

Can't say I was that into Warhorse and I'm veeeerrrryyyy 'wait and see' with Cardona. Up and down episode.

• Like 5

I generally try to avoid just straight-up talking shit about something, and the show had plenty of good stuff, but man I fucking can NOT stand Justin Roberts. It's a shame that he didn't disappear with the whole being exposed as a total creep. So yeah, he's a creep and his ring announcing is garbage. 

Perfectly fine show otherwise, Ricky Starks totally impressed me and I don't think he was doing much selling after that skateboard bump ☹️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah crisp was the right word for Moxley. The cutter, piledriver .. all had great snap. Was a bit of a v. young Rock to Ricky Starks in his promo there .. his flow was a little bit off but he has real charisma.

Less said about that Dark Order clusterfuck // Cardona debut the better IMHO. Brodie Lee just repeating "yeah realll nice of you to show up Kenny!" again and again in a fashion befitting of a C-list actor does nothing for me. There's some real good and some real bad on the show.

Edited by A_K

11 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Getting shitty about who the legal man is in a Tornado Tag match? Sounding drunk and snippy all night? Taz being audibly hot at him (and sad about it)? Man, this is weird. It's been a dark cloud hanging above the show all friggin' night. I defend JR more often than I drag him. This is one of the most familiar voices my ears have ever heard sounding a whole new kind of off.

To be fair, basically every tag match in AEW devolves into a sort of tornado tag at some point, so I can understand him forgetting they’d actually bothered to make the stipulation.

2 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The Rough Ryder - it's like a leg drop

cf0a4fad35da89564d0a4c3caf0ed9c3.gif

Cheers. Maybe it looks a bit off because he's got so much bulk now - didn't seem to get a nice horizontal snap on it like in that GIF .. they just sort of seemed to fall backwards.

1 hour ago, A_K said:

Yeah - Cody doing a segment/match prior to Jericho does Cody no favours whatsoever. Jericho is next level. Bit of a weird debut from Cardonna - what was with that move where he basically just sits on them?

That used to be called the Rough Ryder.

What a great episode! From top to bottom there was always something entertaining happening.

DEMON ORANGE JUICE!
That 10-man tag was wacky as hell, and I loved it. Can't believe they're going to try a 12-man next week.
I quite enjoyed Warhorse after all. Why exactly was the Dark Order attacking Cody though? I know they had to insert Matt somehow, but DO and Cody have no prior beef.
I'm excited for the return of BATTLEBOWL: LETHAL LOTTERY, can't wait to see who's going to be in it. Not sure if I'm excited about the return of Cameron though.
MJF is easily the top heel in this company, that speech was great. Poor Lee Johnson had to carry his hand sanitizer.

Re: JR
The booth was great minus Excalibur. I don't get all the complaints about JR, he was entertaining the whole night, bravo sir, bravo. That was easily the best night of JR commentary I've heard in a while.

• Like 1

We know who that is!!!!! That's Matt Cardona!!!!!! Can't say I'm too excited for that. My guess is Cody rewards him with a title shot, Cardona wins, and Cody turns, which is absolutely not what I'd like to see. Feels like so many better options to get the rub of winning the title from Cody. 

On the other hand, ARIANE ANDREW is BACK in the pro wres! That was the more exciting signing.

Pretty good matches all around as usual. Shida/Diamante had some rough spots but Shida is always a blast to watch. Main event had a bunch of good stuff, ending with that brutal tacks bump that looked killer. Thought both sides looked good as a team, dig the Cage/Starks pairing. Great promo from Starks before the match. Enjoyable show overall. 

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

I’m so much more interested in Starks, Abadon, Butcher/Blade, Big Swole and other lesser nationally-known Indy signees than I am Hardy, Lee, now Ryder. It just reeks of old bad TNA and I don’t like it.

Count me in as also being more interested in the lesser known indy names rather than Matt Hardy and Matt Cardona, but I'm all aboard the Brodie Lee train. I love that he came in as the Exalted One and a claim can be made for the Dark Order being AEW's best act. The gimmick really has come together with Brodie and the return of Uno and Grayson.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

I’m surprised nobody has commented yet on by far the worst free agent signing AEW made (and no I don’t mean Cardona). Who in their right mind would see the #Naomideservesbetter thing, and decide hey let’s sign the non talented idiot from Tough Enough? Seriously. Any woman they found has to be better than fricken Cameron. 

Other than that I thought this was another pretty good episode of Dynamite. I like that they’re already telling us the All Out main event, and making it feel like MJF is going to win the title. 

Next week should be fun too with Darby vs Mox in the main event. I could definitely see them doing a 3 way at All Out with Darby, Mox, and MJF if next week ends in a screwy fashion. 

And cranky JR will definitely be out in full force again next week for that 12 man tag. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

What a great episode! From top to bottom there was always something entertaining happening.

DEMON ORANGE JUICE!
That 10-man tag was wacky as hell, and I loved it. Can't believe they're going to try a 12-man next week.
I quite enjoyed Warhorse after all. Why exactly was the Dark Order attacking Cody though? I know they had to insert Matt somehow, but DO and Cody have no prior beef.
I'm excited for the return of BATTLEBOWL: LETHAL LOTTERY, can't wait to see who's going to be in it. Not sure if I'm excited about the return of Cameron though.
MJF is easily the top heel in this company, that speech was great. Poor Lee Johnson had to carry his hand sanitizer.

Re: JR
The booth was great minus Excalibur. I don't get all the complaints about JR, he was entertaining the whole night, bravo sir, bravo. That was easily the best night of JR commentary I've heard in a while.

Perhaps Mr. Brodie or Colt Cabana go after the TNT title.