DVDVR Message Board

NFL FFL 2020 FTW

Kevin Wilson

20 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

This is assuming I beat Phil of course.

I was thinking "well there is no way my RBs could be any worse this week" and then its announced that James Connor has a quad injury

23 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm sure you'll find some way to replace his killer 1.8 point output ?

I was shocked Zeke got to 6 points

I have to assume someone - ANYONE - can play more than one fucking play. Stupid first play injury Debo

Stupid cursed season

How do you think I feel?

I mean I probably wasn't gonna beat Kevin anyway but having Zeke and James Connor being hurt didn't even give me a shot.

And now we get to play in the only consolation game without money attached to it

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

How do you think I feel?

I mean I probably wasn't gonna beat Kevin anyway but having Zeke and James Connor being hurt didn't even give me a shot.

And now we get to play in the only consolation game without money attached to it

Narrator:  He was not going to beat Kevin anyway

To be fair, your bigger issue was even when healthy, Zeke and Connor weren't delivering. Just as I was making fun of Brees he throws his first long pass since 2018.

As I said earlier - half the league was fucked over by their first round draft picks

I just happened to get boned by my first AND second round picks

But yeah - Zeke is so deeply on my "will never be on my team again" list

Its always fun to go back and look at the draft. My top of the draft stayed mostly healthy and were very good this year, but I really I think I am in the Finals due to my 6/7/8 round picks:

Z75DK7O.jpg

To get in the middle rounds players in the Top 5 for QB and WR plus a Top 10 RB was very helpful. That being said, I am not looking forward to playing JR next week, his team is intense. I was rooting for Craig pretty hard today.

35 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Its always fun to go back and look at the draft. My top of the draft stayed mostly healthy and were very good this year, but I really I think I am in the Finals due to my 6/7/8 round picks:

Z75DK7O.jpg

To get in the middle rounds players in the Top 5 for QB and WR plus a Top 10 RB was very helpful. That being said, I am not looking forward to playing JR next week, his team is intense. I was rooting for Craig pretty hard today.

I think this was the first year where I was happy to draft near the middle because I missed getting boned by a bunch of busts. Mixon hung in there for awhile and produced when he was there. I grabbed Josh Allen with my 7th pick and Fuller with my 8th. And Yahoo gave me a C on my draft and I wound up going 10-3.

Everything just fell apart late. Lost Mixon, Fuller, and Jones. I think if Jones didn't get hurt AND get put on the COVID list then I would have had a shot this week. At the least, I wouldn't have played MVS who got me zero points. Then again, Brown had a poor performance for him in what was a blowout while Carson didn't do shit.

Anyway, I had a bad feeling about my matchup no matter what. Murray, Henry, a returning DJ who was ready to feast, and a super consistent Aiyuk seemed to be unwinnable. 

7 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Sometimes I feel bad grabbing my opponent's backups off Free Agency in case there is a late scratch but then I remember I like winning money and get over it.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway since I would have had to pick up Snell yesterday to be eligible for today.

Giovanni Bernard was still available so I grabbed him but he doesn't appear on my roster until tomorrow

In the grander picture it really really doesn't matter because Pittsburgh never runs the ball anymore anyway

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Wouldn't have mattered anyway since I would have had to pick up Snell yesterday to be eligible for today.

Giovanni Bernard was still available so I grabbed him but he doesn't appear on my roster until tomorrow

In the grander picture it really really doesn't matter because Pittsburgh never runs the ball anymore anyway

Well I picked him up early once Conner was Q last week but yea it won't end up mattering for two reasons, both how far behind you are and Snell is shitty anyway.

Yeah - I was just making the general comment regarding Yahoo being annoying

But that does remind me that that was the other thing that will haunt me this year

Had JK Dobbins (after drafting way too high) on my bench just waiting for him to be used. Talked to Ravens fans I knew and they were like "Yeah - drop him. Harbaugh clearly hates him". That was week 6 or 7.

Literally the next game - over 100 yards. (That might have been the same week I lost to Chris)

Fitting that in the last game of the season - I lost a game because my opponent overcame one player giving them a zero by the QB going over 40 

That would be the 2nd time that happened to me this year

• Haha 1