DVDVR Message Board

NFL FFL 2020 FTW

Kevin Wilson

Since we needed a general catch-all FFL thread anyway...

For those in the DVDVR "pay" league, you should have gotten an email that its opened back up. I decided due to the issues with Economic Hardships/Marlins Situation/COVID in general that for this year only the league will be 'pay optional'. Meaning you don't have to pay to be in it, and among those that do pay, the one that ends the year the highest on the rankings gets all the money. Expectation is still to be active however, so if you are in the league and don't have the interest this year, let me know so I can find a new player.

I have no idea how this year will work, if it will work at all. But hopefully we still have football and thus still have fantasy football as well.

28 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Since we needed a general catch-all FFL thread anyway...

For those in the DVDVR "pay" league, you should have gotten an email that its opened back up. I decided due to the issues with Economic Hardships/Marlins Situation/COVID in general that for this year only the league will be 'pay optional'. Meaning you don't have to pay to be in it, and among those that do pay, the one that ends the year the highest on the rankings gets all the money. Expectation is still to be active however, so if you are in the league and don't have the interest this year, let me know so I can find a new player.

I have no idea how this year will work, if it will work at all. But hopefully we still have football and thus still have fantasy football as well.

If you guys end up needing members I’d be up for joining (assuming there’s a season to have fantasy football for). 

I’m in a pay league most years, but this year half of the league I’m in dropped out for different reasons. 

Our league is trying to figure out what to do too. I'd honestly rather not play because this whole thing is a farce, but I don't want to lose my spot. I've dropped out of every other league I was in over the last couple years and stuck with the one I'm still in because everyone in it is pretty chill (had been in a couple of over the top dynasty leagues and I got sick of fielding trade offers in March). I feel like we'll just end up doing a smaller buy in this year and be prepared to just give everyone their money back if the season gets turfed.

Edited by elizium

Yea that's why I eventually went with not requiring a payment. I didn't want long time members to lose their spot over it but I know some don't feel comfortable with the situation. Hopefully it wont impact people's diligence to still made roster adjustments if no money is on the line, that's my only concern.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure how to contact some of the people in the DVDVR FFL anymore and some haven't posted yet/contacted me so our league may have less than 12 players this year. I really just need eight, I think less than eight and the play suffers but eight is ok if we need to do that.

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm not sure how to contact some of the people in the DVDVR FFL anymore and some haven't posted yet/contacted me so our league may have less than 12 players this year. I really just need eight, I think less than eight and the play suffers but eight is ok if we need to do that.

How many are you at now? I wasn't really planning on playing this year, but I will volunteer to step and be active the entire season since that was my issue the one year I was in the DVDVR paid league. I also have sprewellrimz's commitment if you need another person as well.

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

How many are you at now? I wasn't really planning on playing this year, but I will volunteer to step and be active the entire season since that was my issue the one year I was in the DVDVR paid league. I also have sprewellrimz's commitment if you need another person as well.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Figured I'd give people another week but if I haven't heard by next Friday (draft is the 8th) I won't have much choice as I don't want people that disappeared to be in the draft itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had my leagues draft today, my team is trash. Had trouble logging in (NFL.com's new draft suite apparently hates ad-blockers), missed my first pick and it auto-selected me Kamara at 3 and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the draft.

11 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Yeah.

Fuckin hilarious.

Well now I need to know who it was.

Funniest autodraft I've ever seen was a kicker going in the 2nd round. He was building a list, planning to ditch before his last pick, which would have been a kicker. Instead his wifi went out and it picked his top ranked player, Justin Tucker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The worst pick I’ve seen this season was in a draft I took part in last night. It’s a PPR league, and I was picking 8th out of 10 teams. I got Michael Thomas at 8th, and when I’m trying to figure out who to take at 13th I’m not really paying much attention. 

I look up, and the team with the 12th pick randomly takes Cam Newton. Which shocked the hell out of me, and made me laugh as I selected Josh Jacobs 13th. 

To make the Cam pick that much dumber I was able to wait until the 7th round, and get Kyler Murray for my starting QB.

The most "infamous" botched first round pick was the one when there were two Adrian Peterson's in the NFL (The Hall of Fame one and the shitty one for the Bears)

It was the 2009 draft and dude drafted the wrong AP in the first round

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...