DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXIII - 8/23/2020

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

Add Bayley vs. Asuka and Sonya vs. Mandy to the list.

Efb01d0U4AEDsgL?format=jpg&name=small

Asuka looks bad if she leaves SummerSlam without a women's title. Asuka loses one match by pinfall by cheating but wins the other through countout/DQ, I can see that occuring. I'd like Asuka as champion again. However I want Bayley to make a year as WWE Smackdown Women's Champion and Sasha Banks to get a proper run on the main roster with the gold. Four reigns as WWE RAW Women's Champion to only hold them a month and her shortest, two weeks is the shortest in the belt's history. I'm enjoying the Golden Role Models pairing.

@TheVileOne.

12 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

EgJq7XEX0AIJ-MU?format=jpg&name=medium

Man, PS5 games are going to be outstanding graphically.  I legit thought that was Roman until I realized the face was off.  Hopefully, they fix that before WWE 2k22 comes out..  

Edited by Eoae
“Roman” has an ‘m’ in the middle.
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Cheap copy of

Stone Cold Steve Austin "Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave." Retro T-Shirt ...

That was my thought exactly, but I honestly don't have a problem with it if they actually start booking him like Steve Austin and essentially arrive, raise hell, and then leave.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

That was my thought exactly, but I honestly don't have a problem with it if they actually start booking him like Steve Austin and essentially arrive, raise hell, and then leave.

This. The Roman Reigns from the Shield, November 2012-June 2014.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Wonder if the presentation around Roman Reigns will change like his ring attire and music? When the Shield split, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins made fresh starts in ring attire and entrance themes.

he's due for a update of his look.

One of the theories on how to get a singles act over coming out of a successful tag team/trio/etc. is you have the guy you want to succeed keep as much of the tag motiff as possible (i.e. the music, the ring gear, the entrance) since that stuff is already proven to be working.  Obviously this worked really well with Bret, but didn't work as well with Roman.

And besides, the Shield is long gone and too much in the past (especially with Moxley/Ambrose gone gone) to lend Roman any of the aforementioned momentum you'd hope it would.

Plus he's just coming back from an extended layoff, which is always a convenient time for a graphics upgrade (so to speak)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, elizium said:

Women's title matches were a bit of a disappointment, but the apron bomb was definitely the moment of the PPV.

I enjoyed both matches but I agree, maybe because my expectations are so high when Asuka goes against any of the 4 horsewomen because she usually has their better matches, save for the screwy finishes.

I expected Asuka to win both titles so during the Sasha match I started to think Asuka was losing to Sasha.

I also didn't expect Street Profits to win either, I enjoyed that match too. I hope they have a rematch.

Dominik vs Seth was really really good, I didn't know what to expect from this but it delivered from a story stand point and an inring stand point. It also made me want to see Rey vs Seth in a straight up match on PPV without stipulations or gimmicks.

MVP vs Apollo was a real good quick match, It felt like they were out to prove something.

Drew vs Orton was one of my favorite matches in the Covid era. Loved Ortons raking the eyes to break the figure 4. I know people don't like the slow methodical heel stuff he does but it worked here and they worked snug. I liked the finish out of nowhere especially since I wasn't sure if Drew was going over in this.. I wonder if it was Ortons idea. Drew really felt like a Star especially by the end.

Havent watched the Main Event yet, I'll just skip to the Finish, Obviously happy to see that Roman is back.  I like Braun but man it sucks that his first title run came during Covid especially when he should've been Champ a long time ago and especially he's had to have his first program against the fiend. 

Roman is probably the only person besides Bryan who is capable of having a great match against Wyatt so I guess we'll see.

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Wonder if the presentation around Roman Reigns will change like his ring attire and music? When the Shield split, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins made fresh starts in ring attire and entrance themes.

This.

Hopefully he can work in tights/trunks and get something more upbeat as an entrance theme.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Two matches had blood? I was watching Raw and it looks like Strowman got hardway from the ring boards, what was the other one?

Orton and Drew both bleed a pinch during their match.

Man, I just wasn't feeling the whole event. I need to watch Orton vs McIntyre again, all in all wasn't into it. Not even going to bother trying to say something clever about the whole thing.

I'm glad Reigns is back and he seems to have spent his time off working out a lot! I bet Payback will be more of the same.

I think I enjoyed the main event more than most of you because I was pleasantly surprised that Vince resisted the temptation to bathe the Thunderdome in dark red light through the duration of the match. But having not paid much attention to the build to this match, what the hell? Which one of the dudes who laid hands on Alexa Bliss within the last month am I supposed to be cheering?

Since we're right back to where we are before we took our detours with Goldberg coming in and Braun replacing Roman, I'll resume my pre-Crown Jewel stance: I want Roman to take the belt off Fiend as soon as possible.