DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXIII - 8/23/2020

Dolfan in NYC

After McAfee's outstanding performance at Takeover XXX, Dominic has his work cut out for him, if he doesn't want to get totally shown up by that slimy jackass! I will be absolutely shocked if Dominic comes out of this weekend as the one having the best big show debut! Frankly, a week ago I would not have believed this for a second, despite my doubts about the match stipulation earlier on.

Roman looks in great shape!  Best I've seen him.   

Matches of the Night:  Rollins/Dominic,  Sasha/Asuka and Orton/McIntyre.   

In-ring everyone worked their asses off tonight.  Booking was hit and miss.  I don't mind the screens but they should have also kept the performance center people. 

• Like 1

Sasha Banks has yet to defend successfully any of her five WWE RAW Women's Championships. That's shocking. Think she'll be the one to end Bayley's WWE Smackdown Women's Championship reign. Like Bayley to reach the one year mark first.

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

SummerSlam 1994. SummerSlam 1995 was Diesel/Mabel.

So I got the match wrong but the year correct so I'm batting .500 on that one. I'll take it!

• Like 1

Loved Drew/Orton and Rose/Deville. I do wish that if Sonya really is leaving for awhile/permanently that she got a bit more of a send off. They forgot about her as soon as Otis hit the ring.

Everything else was okay to forgettable. Women's title matches were a bit of a disappointment, but the apron bomb was definitely the moment of the PPV.

Thank god Roman is back, let us never have Braun in the title scene again.

25 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Leaving out the post match angle that was quite possibly the worst SummerSlam main event since the two Undertakers debacle from 1995.

That was '94. Summerslam '95 was another debacle, Diesel vs. King Mabel.

• Like 1