DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXIII - 8/23/2020

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

We have seen Eddie's kid can take a hell of a beating, but is this really a good idea? I mean it is possible the match will rock and with the stipulation there is plenty of room of bells and whistles, but it will most likely be closer to a trainwreck than a class... erm, an ok match. But hey, Seth Rollins is there to save the day. I mean no offence to Seth, but this is not going to be all that pretty.

Its a pretty major hate based feud so the stip makes the more sense than to go out and have them wrestle a normal match. This also provides potential cover for Dominick depending on how green he is.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They should add No DQ to Sonya vs. Mandy as well. 

This is the only thing I'm disappointed about with this match. I really want them to be able to let loose and just try and murder each other.

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

This is the only thing I'm disappointed about with this match. I really want them to be able to let loose and just try and murder each other.

Prediction - Mandy loses but somehow Otis intervenes and has his head shaved in her stead.

I wonder if Dominik is any better trained than Cain Velasquez. Methinks we're not exactly gonna get another Andrade or Garza. 

We do know he will take a beating though. That has to be the first intentional blood on WWE programming since Cena was blading every other night. 

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm all in on McIntyre (the best of Evolve compilation is something else, but holy crap has Drew upped his gear dosage over the years), but I do fear Orton will walk out with the title at SummerSlam.

Considering Vince's preferences over the years, I just can't fathom how Vince could ever NOT push this man to the top and plant him there until he grows roots for F's sake!

That said, Orton has suddenly upped his game to another level. This reminds me of a band that pulls out a certified classic later on in their career, despite being solid throughout their career, after a few years on top earlier on in their careers!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I'm all in on McIntyre (the best of Evolve compilation is something else, but holy crap has Drew upped his gear dosage over the years), but I do fear Orton will walk out with the title at SummerSlam.

Considering Vince's preferences over the years, I just can't fathom how Vince could ever NOT push this man to the top and plant him there until he grows roots for F's sake!

That said, Orton has suddenly upped his game to another level. This reminds me of a band that pulls out a certified classic later on in their career, despite being solid throughout their career, after a few years on top earlier on in their careers!

Drew McIntyre's had a great year and Randy Orton's having his best year since 2014. It's a tough match to predict. I think Randy Orton will win. I'd book Drew McIntyre to and it goes with his 2020 Men's Royal Rumble win/putting Brock Lesnar down in a sprint to become WWE Champion in the main event of WrestleMania XXXVI: Night Two. Orton goes over in a rematch.

Edited by The Natural

Yeah, have Drew go over, but with enough dispute for Orton to campaign for a rematch, where he finally ends up as champion.

Also, referring to the amazing Thunderdome Bingo, I still think the end result will be a rather boring bingo! Not that I'd be participating, but I'd be damned if I'd watch this show sober!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Of note, 8 matches is the fewest they've booked since '12.

In a perfect world, I'd say an 8 match card is about as good as it gets, if you have a 3+ hour card to fill. Sure, you need to give pre-match promos and state-of-the-art montages of each of those matches and make them special, but all things considered, 8 sounds amazing! Not with this card, obviously, but in general.

Put the overall 8 best matches across both rosters on one card and give them time and purpose, and I'll be all over that noise, 5 Gin and Tonics or not!

• Like 2

The women's matches are the most interesting things on the show though I'm looking forward to Drew/Orton & Seth/Dominick as well.

One thing I have liked during the pandemic is the ppv cards not being super long. I'm glad they didn't try to load this card up a ridiculous amount.

As noted in the Smackdown thread, Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville is now a No DQ, Loser Leaves WWE match.  

So, I think it's safe to say Sonya has given her notice.  Given recent events, I absolutely do not blame her. 

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As noted in the Smackdown thread, Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville is now a No DQ, Loser Leaves WWE match.  

So, I think it's safe to say Sonya has given her notice.  Given recent events, I absolutely do not blame her. 

I missed this part. Is it a Street Fight/Loser Leaves Town instead of Hair vs. Hair?  Or are these added stipulations? 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, The Natural said:

I like some of the matches announced on this show: McIntyre/Orton, Sasha Banks/Asuka and seeing how Dominik Mysterio looks in his first WWE match. No real interest elsewhere.

Add Bayley vs. Asuka and Sonya vs. Mandy to the list.

Efb01d0U4AEDsgL?format=jpg&name=small

Asuka looks bad if she leaves SummerSlam without a women's title. Asuka loses one match by pinfall by cheating but wins the other through countout/DQ, I can see that occuring. I'd like Asuka as champion again. However I want Bayley to make a year as WWE Smackdown Women's Champion and Sasha Banks to get a proper run on the main roster with the gold. Four reigns as WWE RAW Women's Champion to only hold them a month and her shortest, two weeks is the shortest in the belt's history. I'm enjoying the Golden Role Models pairing.

Edited by The Natural