DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXIII - 8/23/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Will it be on a beach?  Will it be on a boat? We don't know!  

The card so far.  Updated as they announce: 

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Braun Strowman (c) vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Sasha Banks (c) vs. Asuka

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bayley (c) vs. Asuka

FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Street Profits (c) vs. Andrade & Angel Garza

FOR THE WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP

HAIR VS. HAIR NO DQ, LOSER LEAVES TOWN MATCH - Sonya Deville vs. Mandy Rose

STREET FIGHT - Dominik Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins

I just hope if it's on a boat that we get a shot of Seth getting seasick.  If he's able to retch after that match with Rey then might as well do it here.  Even better if it's on a non-moving boat.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I won’t watch SummerSlam even it’s on a boat, on top of a goat, wearing a tote, or while eating a oat. I do want to watch SummerSlam, Sam I am.

How did you feel about watching the recent NXT Takeover In Your House, with a mouse?

Right now the only interesting thing about Summerslam is where it will be in Atlantic City.   Yes New Jersey has become the place to wrestling in the US but every show has been in a parking lot,  the fucking woods in ICW case, and the Pier area which while awesome to watch can barely hold 200 without social distancing.   I mean GCW is running in Tournament of Survival the same weekend in "The Sandlot" which is basically the beach volleyball court near the Showboat which looks to have abandoned for about 10 years

So apparently the main feature of having this is that they will have something similar to the NBA Bubble with a virtual wall showing people live.watching.   Even with the wrestlers hearing the fans in the crowd although I don't know how that will work.   If true then I look forward to the WWE debuts of Weekend at Bernies guy and the GOAT which was an actual goat.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So apparently the main feature of having this is that they will have something similar to the NBA Bubble with a virtual wall showing people live.watching.   Even with the wrestlers hearing the fans in the crowd although I don't know how that will work.   If true then I look forward to the WWE debuts of Weekend at Bernies guy and the GOAT which was an actual goat.

I made a post about virtual fans several weeks back,  not saying they are taking my idea or anything but I had wondered if it would work and now we will find out. 

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

Tom Hanks is a cardboard cutout at A's games.  Mary Hart is in her seat at Dodger Stadium.  The late President Bush and wife Barbara are behind the plate in Houston.

you know what that means.

MACHO FAN RANDY SAVAGE, COMING TO YOU IN CARDBOARD FORM, OOOH YEAH, GETTING A BIGGER POP EVERY TIME THEY CUT TO ME THAN THE LIVING STARS DOING THE THING IN THE RING, DIG IT! YEAH!

also, insert your best joke about splicing in fake/artificial cheering noise at the appropriate reactive moments being something the WWE is better prepared for than any other sports/entertainment institution due to decades of experience here.

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

We have seen Eddie's kid can take a hell of a beating, but is this really a good idea? I mean it is possible the match will rock and with the stipulation there is plenty of room of bells and whistles, but it will most likely be closer to a trainwreck than a class... erm, an ok match. But hey, Seth Rollins is there to save the day. I mean no offence to Seth, but this is not going to be all that pretty.