DVDVR Message Board

Raw is the Golden Role Models - 7/27/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Congratulations to Sasha on leveraging a threat to go to AEW into a world championship.

And with a week to think about it, Drew comes up with... The same thing Ziggler did. Sigh.

You know what, fuck it.  Give the title to Orton, I'm so bored with Drew the Dickhead.

That canned crowd noise was especially noticeable tonight.  Like, I could not actually hear Sasha's music when she came out.

I also don't understand how someone can cover wrestling for so long, and still not understand how to shoot certain things.  Drew crouches down, waits for the ref to reach for his arm so he can stand up and celebrate with the title and, for some reason, between the time he crouches and stands, they cut away for no reason to a different shot and fail to actually show the moment.

• Like 1

Shayna/Nia could be fun as a feud though it always feels weird to see one focused entirely on two heels.

Kind of sucked to see Asuka's reign end that way though if she goes crazy and tries to murder Bayley & Sasha I will be somewhat ok with it. Not sure why they didn't give Shayna the rub for taking Kairi out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Shayna/Nia could be fun as a feud though it always feels weird to see one focused entirely on two heels.

Kind of sucked to see Asuka's reign end that way though if she goes crazy and tries to murder Bayley & Sasha I will be somewhat ok with it. Not sure why they didn't give Shayna the rub for taking Kairi out.

Because Shayna and Nia are setup on a collision course now and it appears to me that Shayna is being booked more like Brock than a heel.  She's not a face or heel, she's Shayna. 

So what was the deal with Asuka losing the title on a countout? If they changed the rules I must've missed it because I had the TV on mute and was ignoring the subtitles, which are always irritatingly late-running anyway. 

Got to say, they're right when they say it about themselves -- those two ladies are carrying the shows all on their own along with Asuka and Nikki. Shayna showing up to brawl with Nia might be interesting too but I fear the obvious will happen and Vince won't need a reason to drop Shayna off the show again. 

Everything else on this show is about as dry as the bread on the Subway sandwich I had for dinner (they really might have insulation or whatever in that shit). And why the hell did Buddy lose his first name? What is this obsession with everyone having a single-word name FFS? 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So what was the deal with Asuka losing the title on a countout? If they changed the rules I must've missed it because I had the TV on mute and was ignoring the subtitles, which are always irritatingly late-running anyway.

Nipple H came on the show last week and mentioned the title could change hands via DQ, countout, interference, etc.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Pretty bold move to have the heels go over in every segment of the show when ratings are circling down the drain.

Vince should hand Brock and Roman blank checks. They're the only two who have a chance of pulling up the numbers.

At this rate, I'd probably put the belt on Orton. Didn't imagine saying that in 2020. McIntyre's giving it his all, but I can't bring myself to care that much.

Nia-Shayna are lucky. By being in their own story, they won't be consumed by Bayley-Sasha, who have drained the women's division as much as Charlotte has been accused of doing. I don't mean that as a knock against their hard work. They're doing a good job. But it's getting repetitive and it's clear they're trying to hold off with Bayley vs Sasha until they have a real audience back.

If this leads to Asuka destroying them like a revenge movie anti-heroine though, that will be fun.

They've got to stop with the eyeball stuff. Kudos to Dominik on his kendo stick swinging.

I thought the episode was OK, but it's like watching a hamster run on its wheel.

I haven't seen the show yet but if you want some Desus and Mero crossover with your wrestling here you go.  I think @Curt McGirt would like this (if you're the wrong dude I'm thinking of my apologies)

https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1287919176934449152?s=20

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Not sure why it's not displaying like it normally would. But the link's there anyway.
  • Like 2

L6D4afli?format=jpg&name=900x900

Sasha Banks is now a five time WWE RAW Women's Champion, she was tied on four with Charlotte Flair. Banks previous reigns lasted 27 days, 27 days, 20 days and 8 days (the shortest in the belt's history). Hope she gets a proper run with the gold.

I miss seeing Samoa Joe wrestle, the injuries were more frequent in WWE unlike in ROH and TNA (the damn jumping dropkick to Sting in the crowd landing on the steps at Bound for Glory IV) but he's great at commentary.

57 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I miss seeing Samoa Joe wrestle, the injuries were more frequent in WWE unlike in ROH and TNA (the damn jumping dropkick to Sting in the crowd landing on the steps at Bound for Glory IV) but he's great at commentary.

I was waiting for Joe to stand up for Dominik.

• Like 1