DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - 60 GAMES TO SAVE THE WORLD

Dolfan in NYC

The White Sox's Lucas Giolito has the season's 1st no-hitter.  Defeating Pittsburgh, 4-0.  

He threw 101 pitches, and recorded 13 K's.   This is the first time in baseball history that a no-hitter has been thrown with that few pitches and that many strikeouts. 

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The White Sox's Lucas Giolito has the season's 1st no-hitter.  Defeating Pittsburgh, 4-0.  

He threw 101 pitches, and recorded 13 K's.   This is the first time in baseball history that a no-hitter has been thrown with that few pitches and that many strikeouts. 

And with CB Bucknor as the home plate umpire!

• Like 1

Today's wackado stat

The Marlins and Phillies have each gotten to 25 games played (half the league is at 30 or 31. One team is at 32)

The Yanks and Pirates - two teams with no COVID issues during the season - have each played... 25 games

The Yanks because they were supposed to play the Phillies and now the Mets when those outbreaks hit. The Pirates were supposed to play the Cards like 6 times when the Cards fucked everyone over.

Oh BTW - the Cards have only played 19 games

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Pirates were supposed to play the Cards like 6 times when the Cards fucked everyone over.

Not quite.  Pirates played one game in a week.  They started the week with a series against the Cards, but that series was postponed due to the Card's Covid outbreak a week earlier.  After the St. Louis series, Pirates had a four-game series against the Reds.  The first game in the series was played on a Thursday, then 2 Reds tested positive the next morning and the rest of the series was canceled.

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They Mets are cleared to start playing again today

DH vs Miami today

DHs vs Yankees Friday and Sunday

Even though Miami is very bad, they still shut out the Mets in two straight games.  

I wonder if the Yankees are going to no hit the Mets 5 times in a row this weekend. 

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I wonder if the Yankees are going to no hit the Mets 5 times in a row this weekend. 

Not with all the pitchers not named Gerrit Cole that they are having take the mound

I truly hope so, but LAD just tweeted a lineup. I also watched video of SFG meeting on-field, then both teams vacating the premises. So who the fuck knows, outside of the folks in the locker room.

I feel like the team of Jackie Robinson should really stay off the field tonight.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 2