DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - 60 GAMES TO SAVE THE WORLD

Dolfan in NYC

Willie McGee - who I forgot was still a coach in St Louis - has somehow managed to not test positive and basically said "I dont trust you fuckers anymore" and opted out of the rest of the season

Well Zach Plesac really doesn't know how to read a room

Yesterday he did a big Instagram post about how "evil" the media was for apparently reporting that he (and Mike Clevinger) broke the teams COVID protocols.

So the Indians went - well you clearly learned nothing and optioned him AND Clevinger to team's alternate training site

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Willie McGee - who I forgot was still a coach in St Louis - has somehow managed to not test positive and basically said "I dont trust you fuckers anymore" and opted out of the rest of the season

I thought the punchline was going to be the Cards are putting him in center field.

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I thought the punchline was going to be the Cards are putting him in center field.

The fact that he mentors the Outfielders sounds like it must be a fucking adventure

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The fact that he mentors the Outfielders sounds like it must be a fucking adventure

Hey, that's TWO-TIME GOLD GLOVE WINNER Willie McGee you're talking about!  The man so awesome he won a batting title in a league he was no longer playing in!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Infinit said:

HEY HEY HEY I had a signed Willie McGee baseball glove as a kid! 

Did putting it on make you lose half the power in your throwing arm?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I feel like we're not making a big enough deal that we're a third of the way through the season and the Baltimore Orioles are deep in the playoff hunt. 

Because pretty much 26 teams are still "deep in the hunt"?

Also the Os run differential is +7 which is only good for 7th in the AL

But sure

50 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I feel like we're not making a big enough deal that we're a third of the way through the season and the Baltimore Orioles are deep in the playoff hunt. 

I know, I'm an O's fan and I can't believe it either.  But I'm sure they'll find a way to fuck that up somehow though it's 2020 so who the hell knows.

32 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Fernando Tatis Jr. is on a quest to hit 60 homers in 60 games.  

With 11 homers in 24 games, he's gonna have to pick up his pace. ?

Never heard of that bullshit "unwritten rule". Don't steal a base up big, sure, but what's the guy supposed to do? If you dumb enough to groove one with the bases loaded, you get what's coming to you. You can't run down the clock. . . what a bunch of snowflakes. I do love that anytime someone does something you don't like it all of a sudden a "unwritten rule." LOL

• Like 4