DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - 60 GAMES TO SAVE THE WORLD

Dolfan in NYC

My coworker just told me about that Jim Leyland clip, it's great. 

This is going to be a weird season because the Tigers currently have a winning record and I feel the need to mention it before we blow it. 

• Like 2

Some of the stadium sound guys are doing great work pulling up cheering and booing sound clips to go along with stuff in games (booing for pickoffs, cheering for the home team doing something cheer worthy).  

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 2:14 AM, grilledcheese said:

This motherfucking tweet is straight up excellent, even if a marketing team made it happen.

I don't have an MLB team - I really want to support them for this excellent display. On the other hand, I went to their online store and their merchandise is the worst I've ever seen from a sporting franchise.

.....Anyone else doing similarly well?

Edited by RolandTHTG

On 7/25/2020 at 2:16 AM, BobbyWhioux said:

here's a fun thought:   you could theoretically walk the first batter in extra innings, then if the next guy hits into a triple play you've had a 2 batter inning. ?

here's another one:  you could declare an intentional walk for that first batter, then if the next guy hits into a triple play on the first pitch, you'd have had an entire inning with only ONE officially recorded pitch thrown. ?

these must be the unlikely pie in the sky best case scenarios that Manfred and his brain squad envisioned when they thought this would IMPROVE PACE OF PLAY~!

Honestly, the bigger question there would go to: 

If a team declares an intentional walk for the first batter, then the next guy hits into a triple play on the first pitch to have an entire inning with one recorded pitch thrown, would that turn of events mean that the team doing that followed the "3 batter minimum" rule?

54 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I don't have an MLB team - I really want to support them for this excellent display. On the other hand, I went to their online store and their merchandise is the worst I've ever seen from a sporting franchise.

.....Anyone else doing similarly well?

I'm a huge fan of what I believe to be their now former BP caps (https://www.hatland.com/hats/rays-mlb-diamond-era-59fifty-navy-sky-bp-new-era-21518/), and any of the hats from the "Devil Rays" era with the actual animal on them I also like, but again, my taste only. As to other teams espousing the same kind of sentiment, I cannot say.

19 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, the bigger question there would go to: 

If a team declares an intentional walk for the first batter, then the next guy hits into a triple play on the first pitch to have an entire inning with one recorded pitch thrown, would that turn of events mean that the team doing that followed the "3 batter minimum" rule?

The inning ending gets you off the hook for the "face three batters" gimmick. If that same pitcher returned for another inning of work, they could not be removed until they had seen three hitters in that inning.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

If you think their merch is hard on the eyes, wait till you see their ballpark. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy in Kansas said:

If you think their merch is hard on the eyes, wait till you see their ballpark. 

He'd be the first.

Someday I'll get tired of "no one goes to watch the Rays" jokes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I'm a huge fan of what I believe to be their now former BP caps (https://www.hatland.com/hats/rays-mlb-diamond-era-59fifty-navy-sky-bp-new-era-21518/), and any of the hats from the "Devil Rays" era with the actual animal on them I also like, but again, my taste only. As to other teams espousing the same kind of sentiment, I cannot say.

The inning ending gets you off the hook for the "face three batters" gimmick. If that same pitcher returned for another inning of work, they could not be removed until they had seen three hitters in that inning.

Not quite. If the pitcher comes back for another inning, he must face a TOTAL of 3 guys. In this example, 2 more. 

• Thanks 1

So due to all the Marlins testing positive - the team delayed their flight out of Philly till this morning.

Well that rescheduled flight was just cancelled too

Have a feeling the game against Baltimore ain't happening