DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - 60 GAMES TO SAVE THE WORLD

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

From the ESPN story

Hence why they are comfortable still playing

Uh huh.  I'll bet when asked "Were you in contact with Juan Soto yesterday?"  they answered "who?" and that was that. 

• Like 3

That sound you heard was Nate Silver and Craig Goldstein vomiting as they have to completely redo their models now to allow for 3 more playoff teams on each side. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This sport....

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/07/mlb-playoffs-expanded-postseaon-16-teams-2020.html

MLB and MLBPA have agreed to the expanded playoffs for this season

16 teams - first round are best of threes (no word if it is higher seed plays all home games as was once rumored)

Tom Verducci on MLB Now said it sounds Like yes to the home games to cut down on travel days. Also the Top 2 Teams in each Division make the Playoffs then 2 Wild Cards are the 7 & 8 seeds. 

13 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Trump claims he'll be throwing out the first pitch at Yankee stadium in mid-August.

Mariano Rivera is attending his 'rona briefing, but that feels more like it belongs in the "stupid crap" thread. 

A Yankee official reportedly confirmed it will be August 15 (it is against Boston)

And that is all I am going to say about that

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

A Yankee official reportedly confirmed it will be August 15 (it is against Boston)

And that is all I am going to say about that

no more comment needed. We've known Trump is a Yankees fan for quite some time, and it really explains a lot on its own.

4 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Latest rumour: The governor of Connecticut was on the phone with the Experiencing Homelessness Blue Jays for an hour today regarding a minor league stadium in Hartford. 

...if Hartford got the Blue Jays, that would probably be it for me as a baseball fan.

Yeah, it's a forlorn hope otherwise- but Pawtucket's AAA-level, Rhode Island is widely seen as the state that's had COVID locked down since day one, and considering the minor league season shutting down clinched Rhode Island losing baseball with a whimper (Pawtucket moves to Worcester in 2021), baseball kind of owes us one.  If you're going with a AAA ballpark, you can make a pretty fair case.

You know there are people desperately wanting Trump to throw that first pitch for the Yankees in order to make Fauci look bad even more.  Assuming his body could actually make it to the mound without any assistance

By the way has A-ROD always been this much of an ass kisser on broadcasts.  If you listen to him the MLB has been handling this perfectly.   

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yanks-Nats is officially called due to rain. 

This is easily the most 2020 way to start the season.

Considering all the announcers seemed to talk about was the virus the times I tuned in I can't say I'm mad at this.  Plus I'm sure some dimwit tried a drinking game every time it was mentioned who knows how they ended up.

And looking back I still maintain with this stupid-ass year as it is this is oddly appropriate.

52 minutes ago, hammerva said:

By the way has A-ROD always been this much of an ass kisser on broadcasts.  If you listen to him the MLB has been handling this perfectly.   

To be fair, A-Rod *is* trying to buy a team.

Based on a text I just got from my sister that was of a TV screen (IMPECCABLE SOURCES~!)

The Jays will be playing in Buffalo per NY Governor Cuomo who announced it at his press conference