DVDVR Message Board

Gimmicks that lasted longer than you thought

Greg Valentine had a couple of WCW stints that lasted longer than I thought. He was there for 8 months in 1992. I remember him winning the US tag-titles with Terry Taylor in Feb 1992 and losing them in short order but I could've sworn he left soon after that. He stuck around until October of that year.

Then he was back in WCW from 1996 to 1998! I remembered him doing a job or two to The Giant and Macho Man in 1996 and that's it but apparently he was on the payroll until 1998. Wiki says he only had 8 matches in 1997 and 4 in 1998. I bet he was paid at least $150K a year though.

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

I just noticed that Truth Commission video features a young Rhino.

Yep, it's Rhyno along with at the time Detroit area indie mainstays Terry Richards aka Skull Ganz & Gene Miller aka Hard Times Gene Austin, Miller also owned the ring most local indies used. I totally forgot they did tv from Cobo Arena which was in really bad shape at the time, like barely running water bad shape.

Should we assume that Vince didn't find out about Apartheid until three years after Nelson Mandela was elected President of South Africa.